My configuration:

- Asrock B85M-ITX with modded firmware 1.90
- Intel i5 4570S boxed
- Nvidia GT9400 512mb
- 4GB ram DD3 1600mhz corsair
- HDD WD 500GB Skorpio Black 2,5"

Instruction:

1) Download the modded firmware and flash on the UEFI shell on boot

2) Use the Clover Guide under "Guides" menu on site, using all the kext and HFSPlus driver. For ethernet driver use the ALXEthernet kext. For config.plist i have used the "config.plist-GE=Yes-NVIDIA.zip"

3) Make all the steps until you arrive at STEP-4 POST INSTALLATION

4) At step 4 you have to choose UEFI boot or Bios-Only, UEFI works with this mb but you must have a UEFI-READY graphic card, otherwise you can:

UEFI BOOT WITH NON-COMPATIBLE UEFI-READY GRAPHICS CARD:

- Mount the EFI partition with the tool EFI Mounter V2 and copy the Cloverx64.efi on the root of partition, then rename it in shellx64.efi, umount the EFI partition and reboot

- Enter in the UEFI bios with F2, under "BOOT" option select the Yosemite HDD just installed as first boot device, then choose "EXIT" option and click on "Launch efi shell from filesystem device". The disk boots into Clover shell, choose Yosemite HDD system and boot. NOTE: This procedure (enter bios and select on exit "launch efi shell from filesystem device") must be executed at every boot

5) Audio ALC892 card patch: download "audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip" (View Raw link) from https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC, follow the instruction to install:

Double click on the file to execute
Password?
Verify installed codec or Enter codec (885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150) ----------> verify, must be 892
Enter Legacy (y/n)? (887, 888 only) ----------> n
Working dsdt/ssdt HDMI audio? (y/n): ------------> Enter Y if you have installed a dsdt/ssdt for HDMI audio out, otherwise N
Enter Audio ID (0, 1 or 2)? ------------> Should be 1

UPDATE: make the ssdt.aml file to make the pm of cpu works well, open the terminal and type:

curl -o ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ssdtPRGen.sh
./ssdtPRGen.sh

Copy the ssdt.aml into the EFI partition in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Restart
Verify ALC onboard audio
System Preferences/Sound/Output/select audio device

So the system is fully operative, works all :)

Attachments

• B85MITX190_OSXMODDED.ZIP
    5.2 MB · Views: 1,104
Last edited:
Enter in the UEFI bios with F2, under "BOOT" option select the Yosemite HDD just installed as first boot device, then choose "EXIT" option and click on "Launch efi shell from filesystem device". The disk boots into Clover shell, choose Yosemite HDD system and boot. NOTE: This procedure (enter bios and select on exit "launch efi shell from filesystem device") must be executed at every boot

This may be the reason why I couldn't get Clover working on my Asrock p67; There aren't any bios updates that changed this?

My board has long been "not supported" but there are beta drivers with supposed support for Windows 8.1/UEFI Boot which I would assume you wouldn't have to enter bios every time...?

I picked up this board, with an i3 4330 cpu.

Followed your guide:

Everything works!

Is it normal to get some artifacts during the Apple boot screen, though? It only shows up for a few seconds while booting, and then everything is a-ok.

Depends upon your graphics cards. I have it on several of my systems with 10.10.4, but I don't have the artifacts once I get to the Desktop.

BTW, since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

I fixed my profile - I hope correctly.

Ok, so it's normal to see artifacts on the boot screen. Once I hit the login screen, everything is is fine and all the artifacts are gone.

Random Rebooting & iTunes not allowing me to make purchases

I do want to report an issue with the ALXEthernet drivers that are used in this guide. I used them, and it caused me to get random reboots. It also caused an issue where I was unable to purchase anything from iTunes.

This post solved it for me: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...semite-install-please-help-2.html#post1046908

I removed ALXEthernet, and replaced it with AtherosE2200Ethernet as the poster in the above thread suggested.

(you can find AtherosE2200Ethernet in the Files.zip available here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/144907-clover-post-installation-kexts-2.html)

Doing that fixed both my random rebooting issue AND fixed iTunes so that now I can fully use iTunes and purchase things.

I've been running the machine reliably for hours now, and can't for the life of me get this thing to crash/reboot. Running Heaven benchmark, and piping "yes" into /dev/null in the background.

I'm now running on 10.10.4, with OSX Server 4.1.3 perfectly. I'm using it headless (I VNC in) as a network storage/backup server and secondary development machine.

Wonderful!

Hi all,

First timer here :)
Asrock B85M-ITX
MSI GTX 970 4GB Gaming 4
2 x Ballistix 8GB Sport DDR3 1600

My MB does not have any internal graphics, so I need to install through the GTX 970 - is this even possible?

I'm trying to boot into the OSX installer with Clover but it only gets to a point where it hangs for a few minutes and shows this in verbose mode:

NVDAStartup: Official
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1509
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2155
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 195
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1053

...before it reboots.

Any input would be highly appreciated!

Edit: solved this by using the proper config file, the standard one, because of my GTX 970 gpu

Last edited:
Finally I think everything is working!
I struggled with getting sound to work and to boot Clover on the HDD (not from USB), but once I put the OSX HDD in SATA slot 0 (the first slot) I could boot Clover from the HDD, and then installed the audio driver as described above, it all worked. It might also have made a difference to have the EFI partition mounted when installing the audio driver, but I can't say this for sure.

Finally I think everything is working!
I struggled with getting sound to work and to boot Clover on the HDD (not from USB), but once I put the OSX HDD in SATA slot 0 (the first slot) I could boot Clover from the HDD, and then installed the audio driver as described above, it all worked. It might also have made a difference to have the EFI partition mounted when installing the audio driver, but I can't say this for sure.

UPDATE! SSDT generation, cpu power management fix, see first post!

UPDATE! SSDT generation, cpu power management fix, see first post!

Simonz, Im interested to learn what modification has been done to the firmware you posted....

Can you tell us what was changed and how ?

Thanks.

Simonz, Im interested to learn what modification has been done to the firmware you posted....

Can you tell us what was changed and how ?

Thanks.

I don't know! The bios was made by another user from another site, but i think the mod is to fix cpu power management, avoid kernel panic issue.

Google "hackintosh modded bios", the first result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back