Contribute
Register

[Guide] Broadwell HD5500 Setting DVMT in InsydeH20 BIOS Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
fu..., why to me? then my one way will be modify my insydeH20 BIOS, is correct?

Modifying BIOS on Lenovo (and others) is difficult due to it being locked/encrypted. Requires using a hardware programmer.

Modifying BIOS on Lenovo (and others) is difficult due to it being locked/encrypted. Requires using a hardware programmer.

Yes, I know and in this case I'm requesting help in different webs, one of they is www.bios-mods.com. Tell me then, if I create a special DSDT or DSDT, it couldn't work, no? It'll be in vain.

Yes, I know and in this case I'm requesting help in different webs, one of they is www.bios-mods.com. Tell me then, if I create a special DSDT or DSDT, it couldn't work, no? It'll be in vain.

The problem has nothing to do with DSDT.

I followed the steps and seem like nothing works. My delicated memory is 128MB and try to set it down to 96MB as requirements by the text:
Code:
Setup_var 0x18C 0x3
I did couple of times but it remains unchanged.
I think that's the reason of whenever I try to get into MAC OS Installer from Clover, the screen is black and cannot access to it.
Any suggestions? thank you!

I followed the steps and seem like nothing works. My delicated memory is 128MB and try to set it down to 96MB as requirements by the text:
Code:
Setup_var 0x18C 0x3
I did couple of times but it remains unchanged.
I think that's the reason of whenever I try to get into MAC OS Installer from Clover, the screen is black and cannot access to it.
Any suggestions? thank you!

Keep in mind there is no correlation between the setting and what Windows shows, especially Win10.

The idea there is a correlation is pure hackintosh myth.

Thank you for that!
But I got a new issue that every time I boot into MACOS Installer. The Apple logo appears for few seconds then my laptop reboots.
I tried many bootflag and their combination like:
PHP:
 -x -v -f -s Cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes PCIRootUID=1 Nv_Disable=1
but nothing happens.

Just wanna let u know Im using the 10.11 MacOS verson. Does it concern to my problem?

I domp it whith minipro programmer TL866Cs
and try A7 .exe from dell whith fonicxtol 2.66
Used UEFITool extracted P32 cor and stil sem problem

Universal IFR Extractor giv me Unknown protocol detected
Eny Help
Thanks

Hi folk,
I just start to implement this guide and I didn’t read all the 174 post related.
I downloaded the update bios file from HP (form my HP ac158nl laptop).
HP file has an option to extract bios file to a specific dir and I used it (but also if I follow the procedure with multiple extraction i got the same result).
I didn’t found a .fd file but 3 .bin files… named for different Board ID.
Do you know if I can I pick up the .bin file with my Board ID and use is for the procedure ?
I tried to open it with Phoenixtool256, I didn’t get any error and a insyde bios file was recognized.
Thanks for any answer.
G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back