Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

maybe post in desktop support unless you are using a laptop and haven't filled out your hardware profile correctly?
Can i change my configuration without loosing these 12 go installed on ssd ?

I am not sure what you are saying...
i have done the first part of the installation means that opencore finished downloading catalina files, i have already the installer on the disk, i dont wanna download again

i have done the first part of the installation means that opencore finished downloading catalina files, i have already the installer on the disk, i dont wanna download again
if this is for your desktop, then please post in desktop support

I follow this guide and other guide to install Catalina on my pre-partition GL552VX(cannot manage to do full wipe because of a lot of data)-(only attached wireless ktext to plist)
Successfully booted into recovery and downloaded the installer to the separated 128GB partition.
The system flashing a few times then booted back to Windows, I then again booted to the USB, enter the Catalina installer. However, from here, it won't install saying cannot verifying the firmware.
BIOS settings is as said, Graphics memory is 512MB(is this a problem).
I used to install via Clover method but it seems I can no longer obtain the installer or recovery on Windows 10 for Clover, also the config is buggy, my system stalls alot on Clover

Last edited:
Not sure if thread is dead but I am trying to load Catalina onto my laptop with no luck. Gets to the verbose install screen and reboots. AFAIK I have a Haskell and followed post 2. Attached is my EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
Not sure if thread is dead but I am trying to load Catalina onto my laptop with no luck. Gets to the verbose install screen and reboots. AFAIK I have a Haskell and followed post 2. Attached is my EFI folder.
use the files and make the amends from post 1 and post 2

use the files and make the amends from post 1 and post 2
I was able to do so and boot into the installer but it keeps giving me this weird screen telling me to switch something on? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 15319094-B37C-410C-A569-1C0957241DEC.jpeg
    15319094-B37C-410C-A569-1C0957241DEC.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 26
  • 99A247C7-DD15-4B31-838F-1057A4DFCBC3.jpeg
    99A247C7-DD15-4B31-838F-1057A4DFCBC3.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 29
I was able to do so and boot into the installer but it keeps giving me this weird screen telling me to switch something on? Any thoughts?
it is looking for a blutooth keyboard or mouse

just press the spacebar to get rid of that message

Back