Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

Thank you! I got it to the utilities menu! Now on to installing!
It has now installed and rebooted, however I can’t boot into the installation to complete it. Do I use the USB? I have clover instead of opencore. Do I need to do anything on the Windows side?

It has now installed and rebooted, however I can’t boot into the installation to complete it. Do I use the USB? I have clover instead of opencore. Do I need to do anything on the Windows side?
this is an OpenCore thread.....

you need to keep booting from the usb stick until the installation completes, could take a few attempts

then transfer the efi folder from the efi partition to hard drive efi partition, which is also explaine din this guide

you need to keep booting from the usb stick until the installation completes, could take a few attempts

then transfer the efi folder from the efi partition to hard drive efi partition, which is also explaine din this guide
I am sorry for the confusion, I was just trying them both until one worked. I will do that. Thank you again.

I am sorry for the confusion, I was just trying them both until one worked. I will do that. Thank you again.

It keeps booting to a grub menu? Is this normal? I had mint on there but I wiped the drive beforehand.

It keeps booting to a grub menu? Is this normal? I had mint on there but I wiped the drive beforehand.
maybe erase the entire driver properly including efi partition

doesn't matter if you erase as hfs+, macOS will convert to APFS
It definitely did, however I am still unable to boot back into it. Going to try and boot to clover again and see if I can select macOS.

It definitely did, however I am still unable to boot back into it. Going to try and boot to clover again and see if I can select macOS.
if you are going to be using clover, then you best create your own thread and someone else may be able to help you with that

Back