Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

So I checked the guide you linked and I am kind of stucked on step 2 as I don't see any label named current in the partition tab:
View attachment 496447

Not sure if it partitioning UI was changed by big sur or not, but I just don't see it. Shouldn't erasing the flash drive with macOS extended format be enough? Or do I need to make 2 partitions?

Steps:
try just selecting the drive on the left hand side and choose erase instead

I have a laptop with:
Intel i7-3537U
motherboard asustek x550cc
nvdia geforce gt 720m / intel hd graphics 4000

while I run the installation it stuck

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
  • download.png
    download.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 47
I have a laptop with:
Intel i7-3537U
motherboard asustek x550cc
nvdia geforce gt 720m / intel hd graphics 4000

while I run the installation it stuck
your image is a bit small, make sure to be in the same room as the screen please :)

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

your image is a bit small, make sure to be in the same room as the screen please :)

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Sorry

Attachments

• 1992B7D0-33A0-45A8-A248-687755A42E42.jpeg
    1992B7D0-33A0-45A8-A248-687755A42E42.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 40
Hey @Feartech, are the attached basic kexts for booting compatible with Big Sur? Or should I swap them out? Thanks!

Hey @Feartech, are the attached basic kexts for booting compatible with Big Sur? Or should I swap them out? Thanks!
should be good as i tested the OpenCore and the kexts in the beta versions

haven't had chance to update OC or the kexts as of yet :)

config.plist still says Intel HD Graphics 530

best to check over ivy bridge settings again to make sure nothing else has been missed out

Hey @Feartech

First off, it's amazing you have the time to help every single person do this. I'm sure it's very frustrating at times, which is why I've tried my absolute best to do as much research as I could before I even asked this question. The community and Hackintosh noobs thank you!

I have an HP ProBook 640 G2 (hardware profile updated) and I followed your guide to a T at first. I also have secure boot disabled, TPM disabled, fast boot disabled, VTd disabled, basically my BIOS settings are correct and it's on the latest version for my laptop.

The problem I am having is I always get stuck at "Forcing CS_RUNTIME for entitlement: com.apple.private.security.kext-management" when booting the installer. I have found that if I change my graphics device ID to anything other than 16260000, I get stuck at "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3". I've tried changing SMBios entries and using GenSMBIOS to get a serial number and board number, things like that. Still no avail. I do believe this may be a kext error, but I don't know why, as I've used all the kexts in your excellent guide, and other people report it works with very similar systems.

The one thing I have not tried is another flash drive because I don't have another one in my college dorm room. I have noticed that when trying to copy my OC folder off the flash drive, it gets to a certain point and halts. I am able to grab the config.plist from the drive though and it is attached. There may be a problem with my flash drive, but unfortunately I don't have another to test with right now. I just wondered if you had any other ideas as to why this would be happening. Thank you so much for your help and for the tutorial, this is the Lord's work!

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20201117_124410.jpg
    20201117_124410.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 31
Back