Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

@Feartech . thanks for a quick replay and the guide as well..
My SSD is crucial BX500 2.5 inch SATA 240GB
should be supported ok, try without SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext

if no luck then try with CtlnaAHCIPort.kext

also try with NVMeFix.kext with CtlnaAHCIPort.kext

Tried these but no luck..
every time the installer got stuck at 10mins remaining and as I restart the computer the OSXInstaller and recovery would be gone from OC picker menu. They will show up after a complete shutdown or NVRAM reset.

Hello Feartech,
When the BS installation finished and i wanted to boot from the BS Disk i got an error: SDErrorDomain 104 error!
Unable to set the boot disk!?
Let me know how to fix this mess
Tnak you so much for your fantastic help and patience!

Hello Feartech,
When the BS installation finished and i wanted to boot from the BS Disk i got an error: SDErrorDomain 104 error!
Unable to set the boot disk!?
Let me know how to fix this mess
Tnak you so much for your fantastic help and patience!
sorry but not seen that error before

Hey @Feartech, any update for Tiger Lake processors (for the config.plist configurations in post 2)? Thanks!

Hey.. @Feartech. I got some clues here.. after failing with all this kexts, I tried installing Catalina on my old sata HDD.. It was old and sluggish and took much time to install. Now, keep a note that I formatted the HDD before installation with 1parse security option to erase as much as possible. So, after I installed the system rebooted and when I tried to boot into the installed disk, I got IGPU error.
So, I restarted and reset the NVRAM, and tried to boot again and I got OCB: Start image failed,
I reset NVRAM once again and Whoa. I could no longer see the the name of my newly installed macintosh volume which is "OSX Cat" but instead, there was a volume called "Macintosh HD" - which is the name of the volume where a High Sierra was installed previously.
There is something more.. I installed windows 10 on the same new SSD and again it could not boot after installation.
Guess there is a problem with my SATA controller/MOBO or BIOS?

I wonder why the installation drive name is toggled between "OSX CAt" and "Macintosh HD" every time I reset the NVRAM :rolleyes:. Could it be an NVRAM issue?

It seems that formatting a USB to GPT isn't possible with the limited tool in win 10 or diskpart?

Can you recommend a method?
From within disk part convert gpt

Hey.. @Feartech. I got some clues here.. after failing with all this kexts, I tried installing Catalina on my old sata HDD.. It was old and sluggish and took much time to install. Now, keep a note that I formatted the HDD before installation with 1parse security option to erase as much as possible. So, after I installed the system rebooted and when I tried to boot into the installed disk, I got IGPU error.
So, I restarted and reset the NVRAM, and tried to boot again and I got OCB: Start image failed,
I reset NVRAM once again and Whoa. I could no longer see the the name of my newly installed macintosh volume which is "OSX Cat" but instead, there was a volume called "Macintosh HD" - which is the name of the volume where a High Sierra was installed previously.
There is something more.. I installed windows 10 on the same new SSD and again it could not boot after installation.
Guess there is a problem with my SATA controller/MOBO or BIOS?
@Feartech ,, this was a due to some improper/not so good connection of an FPC that connects MOBO with sata controllers.
Now I got the installation done successfully.. trying to upgrade to Big Sur. :headbang:

Back