Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Mounting EFI

Eventually, you'll want to make changes to the config.plist, kexts, or other Clover configuration items on the EFI partition. To access the EFI partition, you must mount it manually. Unlike other volumes, it is not mounted automatically.

Does this include the kexts that I used for injecting? To add, also with the ones that I needed after the installation?

What I am referring to is that those are the drivers selection I chose in setting up my bootable flash drive. Should I proceed on selecting and download these? Because as far as I know and what's on this guide, this:

As should be no surprise, drivers64UEFI is the same for EFI/Clover on SSD and USB alike.

Does this include the kexts that I used for injecting? To add, also with the ones that I needed after the installation?

I don't understand your question.

Hello. Question. I have a new Lenovo Ideapad 320-17IKB, i5-7200U, HD 620. I am trying to see if it is hackintoshable. I created a USB installer. I am able to boot into the installer but I am not able to hit enter. I am able to select the language, and on the next screen the arrow is stuck in the left upper corner. The trackpad does not respond and hitting enter does not either. The trackpad is synaptic and I have the last version of Voodoo. Any ideas? Thanks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I am getting garbled screen by doing the following:
-When booting to login screen. (Garbled screen 2 times)
-Pressing the power button since I was testing if it will ask me to shutdown.
-When my device is going standby and waking it.

To add with, I am still using my bootable flash drive on booting the system, also after I'd tried to install clover on my SSD and when I am booting through the SSD, it just shows the Apple logo and then will reboot. I have the similar drivers from the EFI of my bootable flash drive to my SSD.

I attached the screenshots of the drivers that I am using. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

My SSD is formatted APFS and I am on High Sierra. I could not find much info about setting up dual booting on APFS. Is it OK to open up free space on the drive (new partition) with Disk Utility in this case?

Not sure if needed but problem reporting files attached just in case.

Same procedure... create placeholder HFS+J... use it as space to install Windows.

I have problem with install to my laptop.
Created bootable USB according to first post. Installation disk boots properly, during stage 2 of installation, installation fails.
Log files and my Clover folder are attached.

macOS version 10.13.6
Clover version 4617 (tried also with 4444)

I am trying to install it to disk with already installed windows on another partition - may it be related? EFI partition is resized to 200MB.
EDIT: Tried to install to full formated disk (without Windows and other partitions) and it ended with same fail

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Are you planing to switch to WhateverGreen insead of IntelGraphicsFixUp in your repo?

Eventually, but only for Mojave, as I don't have time to test WhateverGreen all the way down to Snow Leopard.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

USB installer created on Mac Mini, macOS downloaded via AppStore

Back