Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

To start with, yes.
Then you will modify it as you address each issue (refer to the FAQ).

I remember the drivers that I do have are the following:
  • FSInject-64.efi
  • HFSPlus.efi
  • OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
  • OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
  • apfs.efi
Should I proceed with this?

Last edited:

What I am referring to is that those are the drivers selection I chose in setting up my bootable flash drive. Should I proceed on selecting and download these? Because as far as I know and what's on this guide, this:

Post Installation

10. At this point, you are ready for "Post Installation", you first step should be to install the Clover bootloader to your HDD. Installing Clover to your HDD is very similar to installing to the USB installer. See post #1 for details.

Last edited:
Hello. Question. I have a new Lenovo Ideapad 320-17IKB, i5-7200U, HD 620. I am trying to see if it is hackintoshable. I created a USB installer. I am able to boot into the installer but I am not able to hit enter. I am able to select the language, and on the next screen the arrow is stuck in the left upper corner. The trackpad does not respond and hitting enter does not either. The trackpad is synaptic and I have the last version of Voodoo. Any ideas? Thanks

I am getting garbled screen by doing the following:
-When booting to login screen. (Garbled screen 2 times)
-Pressing the power button since I was testing if it will ask me to shutdown.
-When my device is going standby and waking it.

To add with, I am still using my bootable flash drive on booting the system, also after I'd tried to install clover on my SSD and when I am booting through the SSD, it just shows the Apple logo and then will reboot. I have the similar drivers from the EFI of my bootable flash drive to my SSD.

I attached the screenshots of the drivers that I am using. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.38.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.38.58 PM.png
    319.7 KB · Views: 115
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.39.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.39.23 PM.png
    208.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Rehabman I have trouble instaling Sierra on my laptop, a mixed probook 4540s, i5, HD3000, laptop. Where and how can I best ask for help?

Regards!

To dual boot Windows in UEFI mode:
- leave "free space" or use an HFS+J "placeholder" partition on your HDD to install Windows
- DO NOT create any Windows partitions in Disk Utility (doing so will create an MBR/GPT hybrid, which Windows will see as MBR and Windows UEFI requires GPT)

My SSD is formatted APFS and I am on High Sierra. I could not find much info about setting up dual booting on APFS. Is it OK to open up free space on the drive (new partition) with Disk Utility in this case?

Not sure if needed but problem reporting files attached just in case.

Attachments

• debug_10552.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 85
I have problem with install to my laptop.
Created bootable USB according to first post. Installation disk boots properly, during stage 2 of installation, installation fails.
Log files and my Clover folder are attached.

macOS version 10.13.6
Clover version 4617 (tried also with 4444)

I am trying to install it to disk with already installed windows on another partition - may it be related? EFI partition is resized to 200MB.
EDIT: Tried to install to full formated disk (without Windows and other partitions) and it ended with same fail

Attachments

• report.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Confirmed working with Mojave Beta 4 fresh install. Thanks a lot for the guide @RehabMan . I had to use the sourceforge Clover to get the kexts to load properly.

The subwoofer isn't working properly (which isn't surprising because I had to use https://github.com/dragosprju/y50-subwoofer-linux-enabler to get it working on linux). I'm too lazy to tinker with AppleHDA so I'll live without it.

Are you planing to switch to WhateverGreen insead of IntelGraphicsFixUp in your repo?

Again thanks for the super comprehensive guide!

Last edited:
Rehabman where is the right place to ask for help installing Sierra on my 'mixed' probook 4540s?
Is there anything I can send you to help find out why the why I cant get to install osx from the usb stick?
regards.

Back