Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Not a mistake.

I see now you say to use one partition, however in the order of the details it leads you to install Clover and then overwrite it with the macOS installer. Should Clover be installed after macOS?

Read the guide carefully, and the associated README at each link provided by the guide.

I did read them however they don't seem to answer my question about where to get the actual .kext file from. They simply say how to install them assuming you already have them (and what they do etc).

Last edited:
I see now you say to use one partition, however in the order of the details it leads you to install Clover and then overwrite it with the macOS installer. Should Clover be installed after macOS?

I did read them however they don't seem to answer my question about where to get the actual .kext file from. They simply say how to install them assuming you already have them (and what they do etc).
read the links again until you see the section under downloads
Capture.JPG

In the GPT scenario, Clover is installed to the EFI partition (because of the selections in "Customize").

Note: As per guide, easiest to use the MBR/two-partition as then "CLOVER EFI" is automatically mounted if you insert the USB (in order to tweak your Clover setup).

You are not reading carefully.
The link to the download location is clearly provided in the README.

I get to a loading bar on the installer, at about 3/4 done I get a loading spinning symbol on top of it, after a bit that freezes and goes solid white. A bit longer and the screen goes black. It DOES respond to clicks (screen backlight comes back on), but it's just black. Do you know what I might need to change?

Using the HD520 plist, MBR, and UEFI. I'm attempting to run 10.13.3 installer on the laptop shown in my profile. Kexts added are USBInjectAll, VoodooPS2Controller, FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup and Lilu.

I get to a loading bar on the installer, at about 3/4 done I get a loading spinning symbol on top of it, after a bit that freezes and goes solid white. A bit longer and the screen goes black. It DOES respond to clicks (screen backlight comes back on), but it's just black. Do you know what I might need to change?

Using the HD520 plist, MBR, and UEFI. I'm attempting to run 10.13.3 installer on the laptop shown in my profile. Kexts added are USBInjectAll, VoodooPS2Controller, FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup and Lilu.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And your profile is incomplete (lacks details on screen resolution). Please fix as per FAQ.

Attachments

• 20180407_150653.jpg
    20180407_150653.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
  • 20180407_150702.jpg
    20180407_150702.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
  • 20180407_150710.jpg
    20180407_150710.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
Hey Rehab, Hi All

If I put on EFI while building usb install apfs.efi for HS 10.13.4 I'll need HfPlus.efi too?

Tanks in advance

Hey Rehab, Hi All

If I put on EFI while building usb install apfs.efi for HS 10.13.4 I'll need HfPlus.efi too?

Tanks in advance
yes

Back