Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Please try to read things carefully...

"Install for UEFI booting only" is the first option!
Hi Rehabman

I have reached here and stuck i cant see any error msg but its stuck on the boot as per my screenshot please take alook and help me thank you brother

Attachments

• 591A8623-BB74-491F-A33A-D0B4C08CECF2.jpeg
    591A8623-BB74-491F-A33A-D0B4C08CECF2.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 95
Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the time you take on all of this, is much appreciated.

With that out the way.. I've managed to follow your guide and get High Sierra installed. However when I try and boot the installation on the hard drive from clover, it loads around half way and then results in a black screen. I've tried running it verbosely however even then that text disappears. I've recorded it and the last lines before the text disappears are:

CodecCommander: no attempt to hook IOAudioDevice due to codec profile Disable flat
Sun Mar 25 15:54:28 2018 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (MyListenerSocket) <Error>: No PATH environment variable set. The application firewall will not work with this service
Sun Mar 25 15:54:28 2018 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (MyListenerSocket) <Error>: No PATH environment variable set. The application firewall will not work with this service
Sun Mar 25 15:54:28 2018 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.webcontentfiler.dns) <Notice>: This service is defined to be constantly running and is inherently inefficient
DSMOS has arrived
en0: starting optimistic DAD immediately for fe80;6::1073:2cb:b8bc:dbb1

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the time you take on all of this, is much appreciated.

With that out the way.. I've managed to follow your guide and get High Sierra installed. However when I try and boot the installation on the hard drive from clover, it loads around half way and then results in a black screen. I've tried running it verbosely however even then that text disappears. I've recorded it and the last lines before the text disappears are:

CodecCommander: no attempt to hook IOAudioDevice due to codec profile Disable flat
Sun Mar 25 15:54:28 2018 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.webcontentfiler.dns) <Notice>: This service is defined to be constantly running and is inherently inefficient
DSMOS has arrived
en0: starting optimistic DAD immediately for fe80;6::1073:2cb:b8bc:dbb1

Thanks in advance for any help

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hello!
Try to install macos on my laptop in sig, my clover is stock.
Try many usb sticks and versions, but without result.
Main problem is instantly reboot after im try install from usb.
Last was i see:
Code:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think problem is 32mb in intel hd, my bios dont know how change.
I try write product id, but nothing change.

Thx all for help!

p.s. sorry for pure english.

Open a separate thread with PR files...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

created 10.13.4 USB installer but its not showing on Clover GUI
installed disks are showing but USB disk not showing
I can get into USB Clover from boot menu

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 63

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
attached
I've seen people commenting on insanelymac with same issue!!

No sign of "install_osx" partition (looking at preboot.log). Make sure you followed the guide in post #1.

Note also that it is not unlikely a Clover update will be required in the event the installer path has changed...

Back