Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 1.45.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 1.45.26 PM.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 158
What is the reason behind turning off VT-d? My understanding is that real Macs have it and use it for virtualization with VmWare VirtualBox etc.

What is the reason behind turning off VT-d? My understanding is that real Macs have it and use it for virtualization with VmWare VirtualBox etc.

VT-d can cause problems with IGPU working. You're free to experiment either way.

I've been around the Hackintosh block 5-6 times now. Never have I ever been able to reach the installer on my first boot attempt until now. This guide is absolutely outstanding Rehabman! I guess I'll move onto getting everything to work :)

Sorry if these are stupid questions, how do I get the .kext files from the FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller and USBInjectAll downloads? Do you just rename the folders with those titles to have .kext? For 10.13 do I need the Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup?

Also I was confused why it says specifically if you're using GPT to install clover to the install_osx partition, is that a mistake?

Last edited:
how can i create usb boot for os x through windows

Sorry if these are stupid questions, how do I get the .kext files from the FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller and USBInjectAll downloads? Do you just rename the folders with those titles to have .kext? For 10.13 do I need the Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup?

Also I was confused why it says specifically if you're using GPT to install clover to the install_osx partition, is that a mistake?
the github links have a readme, scroll down and you will see links to the actual kext files that have already been compiled

Read the guide carefully, and the associated README at each link provided by the guide.

Not a mistake.

Back