Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi RehabMan,
I came to this thread from your Intel NUC7 guide. May I have one stupid question?

I have successfully installed MacOS 10.13 to my SSD using a USD Installer created in according to Post #1.
My SSD is now in GPT mode with one AFS partition and one hidden EFI partition. Now I want to install Clover to the SSD to make it bootable.
I ran the Clover EFI application under MacOS and followed the "Notes for HDD install". Here is what I selected:
Destination: my MacOS AFS partition (EFI partition is not visible in Clover Installer);
Install for UEFI booting only;
Themes->BGW;
Drivers64UEFI->OsxAptioFixDrv-64;
Install RC scripts on target volume.​
Install Clover in ESP, Install all RC scripts on all other ..., and etc. are NOT selected.

And my problem is that after the Clover installation to SSD, I see only one folder "APPLE" under "EFI" folder in my EFI Partition, no seeing the Clover folder. That means I could not boot from my SSD, and do not know how to continue. Many Thanks.
(Clover Installer version 4411.)

Hi RehabMan,
I came to this thread from your Intel NUC7 guide. May I have one stupid question?

I have successfully installed MacOS 10.13 to my SSD using a USD Installer created in according to Post #1.
My SSD is now in GPT mode with one AFS partition and one hidden EFI partition. Now I want to install Clover to the SSD to make it bootable.
I ran the Clover EFI application under MacOS and followed the "Notes for HDD install". Here is what I selected:
Destination: my MacOS AFS partition (EFI partition is not visible in Clover Installer);
Install for UEFI booting only;
Themes->BGW;
Drivers64UEFI->OsxAptioFixDrv-64;
Install RC scripts on target volume.​
Install Clover in ESP, Install all RC scripts on all other ..., and etc. are NOT selected.

And my problem is that after the Clover installation to SSD, I see only one folder "APPLE" under "EFI" folder in my EFI Partition, no seeing the Clover folder. That means I could not boot from my SSD, and do not know how to continue. Many Thanks.
(Clover Installer version 4411.)

If you're using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, you will also need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (and "RC scripts").
I'm using AptioMemoryFix.efi on my NUCs instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Also, you need to install Clover for "UEFI"...
And I recommend using my build of Clover. I'm not testing later versions (from sourceforge).

If you're using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, you will also need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (and "RC scripts").
I'm using AptioMemoryFix.efi on my NUCs instead of OsxAptioFix*.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Also, you need to install Clover for "UEFI"...
And I recommend using my build of Clover. I'm not testing later versions (from sourceforge).
Hi RehabMan,
Many thanks for your quick reply. That makes me clearer. :)

May I know what do you mean by "you need to install Clover for "UEFI"...". I do not see a choice like that in Clover Installer...
Should I select "Install the Clover in the ESP"? But I am not installing Clover legacy to my SSD.

Hi RehabMan,
Many thanks for your quick reply. That makes me clearer. :)

May I know what do you mean by "you need to install Clover for "UEFI"...". I do not see a choice like that in Clover Installer...
Should I select "Install the Clover in the ESP"? But I am not installing Clover legacy to my SSD.

Please try to read things carefully...

"Install for UEFI booting only" is the first option!

Please try to read things carefully...

"Install for UEFI booting only" is the first option!
I will use your build of Clover to install again. Found another thread which says it is the problem of the original clover installer. Thank you!

Last edited:
I've got Clover setup on my USB and it shows the Clover menu when i boot off the USB on my laptop however the config file i have seems to be messing with the resolution. As my internal monitor is 17.3" 1920x1080, but the config file that was available to me at the time is 1600x900+ which is why im assuming its the config thats messing with my screens resolution. Was just curious where might i come across a proper config if that's the issue? Thanks for your time.
----------------------------------------------
Just noticed, i meant to post this in the Sierra 10.12.2 section...

I've got Clover setup on my USB and it shows the Clover menu when i boot off the USB on my laptop however the config file i have seems to be messing with the resolution. As my internal monitor is 17.3" 1920x1080, but the config file that was available to me at the time is 1600x900+ which is why im assuming its the config thats messing with my screens resolution. Was just curious where might i come across a proper config if that's the issue? Thanks for your time.
----------------------------------------------
Just noticed, i meant to post this in the Sierra 10.12.2 section...

The + in 1600x900+ stands for "or greater".

Thank you for all your support let me give my self a shot and proceed thank you for explaining clearly hope all goes well.

regards
asger

Hi, i need your support. This is my first hackintosh on laptop. Can't boot high-sierra installer

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg