Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

My current build of Clover has AptioMemoryFix.efi in it.
Your question regarding which Aptio fix to use is answered in post #1.

I am now downloading your latest clover revision, when installing with AptioFix, I will just need to remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi? how about the rc scripts that was previously installed with previous revisions of clover?

And can you tell me what is the difference between OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and AptioFix by vit9696? I cant seem to find any documentation regarding OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.

Thanks!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Hi:
Here are the files and screenshot of what I see when I boot.
- UEFI doesn't boot at all (gives an error no boot device available)
- Legacy boot generate the attached screen (first one is the device boot manager screen, the second is when I select the boot device it shows: EFI hard drive, and if I select it - it takes me back to the first screen).
- I can't even run the pre-boot logs (F2).
- The BIOS are configured exactly as in the guide (F9 to load default settings, etc.)

I attached the EFI folder from the bootable USB flash drive. Any ideas? I nearly lost my hair from pulling it so hard..

Attachments

• BootManager.png
    BootManager.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 150
  • DeviceBootManager.jpg
    DeviceBootManager.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 132
  • EFI.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 87
Another question guys

Can I install hackintosh Clover on a partition of my HDD instead of Format the entire HDD? (To keep windows on the other partition)

Thanks

I am now downloading your latest clover revision, when installing with AptioFix, I will just need to remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi? how about the rc scripts that was previously installed with previous revisions of clover?

And can you tell me what is the difference between OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and AptioFix by vit9696? I cant seem to find any documentation regarding OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi.

Thanks!

"RC scripts" should still be installed. Without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, they will no longer create nvram.plist, so it can be deleted (it will be ignored by Clover anyway).
The RC scripts do other tasks besides emulated NVRAM...

My understanding is that OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi is an old version of AptioMemoryFix.efi.

Hi:
Here are the files and screenshot of what I see when I boot.
- UEFI doesn't boot at all (gives an error no boot device available)
- Legacy boot generate the attached screen (first one is the device boot manager screen, the second is when I select the boot device it shows: EFI hard drive, and if I select it - it takes me back to the first screen).
- I can't even run the pre-boot logs (F2).
- The BIOS are configured exactly as in the guide (F9 to load default settings, etc.)

I attached the EFI folder from the bootable USB flash drive. Any ideas? I nearly lost my hair from pulling it so hard..

For your system, you should use only UEFI (as certainly your KabyLake system is UEFI capable).
You must be sure to enable UEFI, and disable secure boot.
Make sure you select the boot device via your BIOS boot menu (not the same as BIOS setup).
Your drivers64UEFI is wrong (read post #1 regarding HFSPlus.efi, apfs.efi)

Another question guys

Can I install hackintosh Clover on a partition of my HDD instead of Format the entire HDD? (To keep windows on the other partition)

Thanks

Your question regarding preserving existing Windows is answered in post #2.
Please read it and the related thread as linked.

Hi, I have a problem with my laptop. It's Omen 15 CE004ns.
Intel Core i5-7300HQ with Dual graphics 630 and Nvidia 1050.
8gb ram and 120 Ssd M2 1tb HDD
I have followed the guide, but it has been impossible for me. Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.

"RC scripts" should still be installed. Without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, they will no longer create nvram.plist, so it can be deleted (it will be ignored by Clover anyway).
The RC scripts do other tasks besides emulated NVRAM...

My understanding is that OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi is an old version of AptioMemoryFix.efi.

I have updated my clover and removed OsxAptio***.efi and installed AptioMemoryFix.efi native nvram works flawlessly! Thank you for answering my query

Thanks a lot.
When I try inject nvidia i have a problem with window service. When I inject intel ioahci busy...

Thanks a lot.

When I try inject nvidia i have a problem with window service. When I inject intel ioahci busy...

Open a separate thread.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Back