Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi RehabMan:
I receive the same screen as Anmool (the boot manager screen he received). The hardware is as follows:
- Intel NUC7i3BNH (latest BIOS ver. 60)
- HDMI out to 27" LGS IPS monitor
- 8GB Kingston RAM DDR4, 1.2V (single module in the bottom slot)
- Crucial 240GB SSD (BX300 SATA)
- Wired Keyboard and mouse (both are Microsoft)

The same thing happens with Unibeast (I tried both versions for High Sierra and Sierra). I used 4 different USB flash drives (8 GB SanDisk, 16 GB Kingston). The USB flash drives were created using your latest modified Clover installer from your repository.

To avoid confusion, I followed your guide to the letter: BIOS settings, using DiskUtil to create the bootable USB drive (for both UEFI and Legacy), ensured the KEXT include HFSPlus and APFS (for High Sierra), IntelGraphicsFix, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, etc.
I'm using your version of Clover: Clover_v2.4k_r4398.RM-4578.541fa44f (latest you have) with FakeSMC, etc.

The above screen shows up when I boot in Legacy Mode, the NUC boots from the USB flash drive, goes into the "boot manager" loop, etc.
UEFI boot mode gives an error that there is no suitable boot device error, press any key. (I tried 2 USB flash drives for UEFI and 2 for legacy, to eliminate that the USB is the issue).

Some additional info to avoid any confusion:
1. All USB flash drives are formatted on a real Mac (MacBook Air)
2. The whole process to create the bootable USB is run on the MBAir
3. I have the MacOS installers used in the Applications folder (I move the installer in and out depending on which one I am trying)
4. Out of desperation (and to eliminate the issue is with the NUC itself) I created a bootable Windows 10 USB (one of my laptops is a Win10 machine), booted the NUC and was able to install Win10 to the Hard drive.
5. I have another Kingston SSD drive (120 GB that I can use if needed for testing).

Previous Hackintosh built (ASUS P8-67 LE, 32GB RAM, Clover multi-boot with High Sierra, Sierra, ElCapitan, Win10).

Any ideas, would be greatly appreciated. Or if you need me to test something let me know.
Thank you in advance.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok Rehab, thanks!

Hi Rehabman, Good Day. I am currently using your clover build 39xx and I am using emulated NVRAM, I will upgrade to newer Clover with Support for Native NVRAM, which one do I need to use? AptioMemoryFix.efi? or OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi as stated in tonymacx86 Clover Builds? also another question, will your clover build be merged with tonymacx86 clover builds?ou

Thank you

Hi Rehabman, Good Day. I am currently using your clover build 39xx and I am using emulated NVRAM, I will upgrade to newer Clover with Support for Native NVRAM, which one do I need to use?

My current build of Clover has AptioMemoryFix.efi in it.
Your question regarding which Aptio fix to use is answered in post #1.

also another question, will your clover build be merged with tonymacx86 clover builds?

No.

Hi guys

I'm going to try to install hackintosh on my ASUS S510UN-BQ052T with a CPU i7-8550U 8GB RAM and GPU intel UHD 620 and dedicated MX 150
https://www.asus.com/it/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-S15-S510UN/

My question in the following:
Can i use the guide's files fot the HD 620 for my UHD 620?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back