Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

I managed to boot the Sierra installer and have my SATA drive detected, but when the install is finished I land on a firmware screen saying that the system time is invalid due to dead CMOS battery.
When I boot the installed macOS I tells me it was unable to install instead of booting to the desktop.
Here's the EFI/CLOVER folder I used for booting.

Do EC reset/BIOS reset. Don't forget to set BIOS settings as per guide.
You will probably need EmuVarableUefi-64.efi. It is missing from your EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI.

EDIT: I just noticed that on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/
it is said "Note: For Broadwell and Skylake hardware, you must install 10.11", does this mean no 10.12 too?

The guide is for 10.11. You can also install 10.12, but there may be issues you need to resolve after following the guide...

Installed HWMONITOR.app then i put HWSENSOR(without the FAKESMC.KEXT) in my EFI CLOVER KEXT 10.12.
Reboot all is working.
My question. Do i need the fakesmc.kext that i didnt replace cause i have fear for a kernel panic? I have took my origiinal one in the folder cause all was working wit that

Do EC reset/BIOS reset. Don't forget to set BIOS settings as per guide.
You will probably need EmuVarableUefi-64.efi. It is missing from your EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI.

The guide is for 10.11. You can also install 10.12, but there may be issues you need to resolve after following the guide...
same problem

Attachments

• IMG_20170301_212955.jpg
    IMG_20170301_212955.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 106
Reset BIOS and time and continue with the guide. It may be an artifact of unpatched ACPI.
I can't continue with the guide, because I can't boot the installed OS X...
I don't evne think it's installed correctly because the Clover entry is called "macOS Install".
There's a difference this time: I no longer boot to a UI telling me that the install failed but I get some errors on the console and the system automatically reboots. It looks like a stacktrace with com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer....
I'll try with El Capitan tomorrow, any suggestions in the mean time?

Last edited:
I can't continue with the guide, because I can't boot the installed OS X...

Directly after installation, you must boot the "installed OS X" via Clover from USB.

I don't evne think it's installed correctly because the Clover entry is called "macOS Install".

As per guide, there are two stages of installation.
Make sure you read the guide carefully.

Directly after installation, you must boot the "installed OS X" via Clover from USB.

As per guide, there are two stages of installation.
Make sure you read the guide carefully.
I can't boot to that second stage...
I tried booting El Capitan from USB and I get a freeze on the apple logo and this in verbose mode:
Code:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernae wake: no
                                                             _

Back