Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Sorry, I used the wrong word. All of images of partitions don't appear at the same time in Clover, where I can choose which one I want to boot. There is only a mac partition image(in SSD) for me to boot, but I still have other bootable partitions in HDD disk, and it doesn't show me. Eventually, I have to boot Window or Ubuntu in the bios.

If those other partitions are legacy, perhaps you didn't enable legacy scanning in your config.plist.

If those other partitions are legacy, perhaps you didn't enable legacy scanning in your config.plist.
Checked,They all UFEL partitions. Is there any thing I need to enable in config.plist?

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.7 KB · Views: 107
Checked,They all UFEL partitions. Is there any thing I need to enable in config.plist?

No such thing as a "UFEL partition". And no such thing as a "UEFI partition" either.

If you installed these systems UEFI you will find the boot files on the EFI partition (for example, EFI/Microsoft, EFI/Ubuntu). Clover will auto-detect EFI/Microsoft, but not Ubuntu (or other Linux). For Linux you must do a custom entry.

No such thing as a "UFEL partition". And no such thing as a "UEFI partition" either.

If you installed these systems UEFI you will find the boot files on the EFI partition (for example, EFI/Microsoft, EFI/Ubuntu). Clover will auto-detect EFI/Microsoft, but not Ubuntu (or other Linux). For Linux you must do a custom entry.
Sorry to use the wrong term. I think maybe the problem is due to my two disks. Both of my disks have their own EFI files. The one(SSD), which is installed El capitan has EFI/Clover, whereas another one(HDD), which is installed Windows and Ubuntu has EFI/Microsoft and EFI/Ubuntu. Is that the reason why it cannot show all image of partitions as I boot my mac? Do I need to transfer EFI/Microsoft and EFI/Ubuntu to the EFI of SSD? I used to do this but I cannot boot windows from SSD. How to fix that or what should I do.

Sorry to use the wrong term. I think maybe the problem is due to my two disks. Both of my disks have their own EFI files. The one(SSD), which is installed El capitan has EFI/Clover, whereas another one(HDD), which is installed Windows and Ubuntu has EFI/Microsoft and EFI/Ubuntu. Is that the reason why it cannot show all image of partitions as I boot my mac? Do I need to transfer EFI/Microsoft and EFI/Ubuntu to the EFI of SSD? I used to do this but I cannot boot windows from SSD. How to fix that or what should I do.

Assuming correct BIOS settings, Clover will see the EFI/Microsoft on the other disk. Must insure any sort of "fast boot" option is disabled.

You can analyze your Clover bootlog to determine which disks/partitions/etc it is seeing.

Assuming correct BIOS settings, Clover will see the EFI/Microsoft on the other disk. Must insure any sort of "fast boot" option is disabled.

You can analyze your Clover bootlog to determine which disks/partitions/etc it is seeing.

Wow, I see. But how to analyze my Clover bootlog to determine which disks/partitions/etc it is seeing? Use the icon in the bottom of the clover screen?

Wow, I see. But how to analyze my Clover bootlog to determine which disks/partitions/etc it is seeing? Use the icon in the bottom of the clover screen?

Your Clover bootlog is available by using 'bdmesg' in Terminal.

Before you can partition the USB, you must determine what the disk identifier is. With the USB plugged in to the computer, use 'diskutil list':

I'm on Windows, so I don't have diskutil. Please, can someone explaine me how to determine what the disk identifier is and how to make partitions on Windows?

Last edited:
Back