Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

I am wondering why every time I install macOS and I loging in, just after installing it; it locks my Apple ID so I have to change its password even tho this time I copied my working iMessage/Facetime SMBIOS to the install config.plist

Off-topic. You should open a separate thread.

General question, but when using the correct ig-platform-id 0x191b the screen goes dim and has issues with the graphics but it says the correct graphics info in the About this Mac section, Intel HD 530 and whatever the 1500MB+ memory number. If I boot with FakeID 0x12345678 then there are no graphics issues but it says 7MB. I know I'm supposed to do the DMVT prealloc but would that allow me to boot without FakeID? I haven't patched everything yet so maybe that fixes everything and if that's the case then I apologize in advance. Also if I use a different ig-platform it does the same as FakeID which makes sense.

General question, but when using the correct ig-platform-id 0x191b the screen goes dim and has issues with the graphics but it says the correct graphics info in the About this Mac section, Intel HD 530 and whatever the 1500MB+ memory number. If I boot with FakeID 0x12345678 then there are no graphics issues but it says 7MB.

0x191b is not a valid ig-platform-id. I assume you mean 0x191b0000.
You should not expect graphics drivers to load when you use an invalid FakeID (such as the one you mention).

Brightness control guide is linked from the FAQ.
You will need to be specific about "issues with the graphics".

I know I'm supposed to do the DMVT prealloc but would that allow me to boot without FakeID?

You didn't say you couldn't boot without FakeID. You imply you're able to boot without FakeID (mention of "About this Mac").

I haven't patched everything yet so maybe that fixes everything and if that's the case then I apologize in advance. Also if I use a different ig-platform it does the same as FakeID which makes sense.

Using an invalid ig-platform-id will have almost the same effect (graphics drivers not loading) as using an invalid FakeID.

Hello Rehabman, I have some triple boot problems. I installed my El capitan in ADATA SSD, and my windows and Ubuntu in HDD. I installed the UEFI clover in SDD. The point is that as I reboot my computer from Window or Ubuntu, and I go into SSD, there is only HFS partition for me to boot in. However, when I enter exit and go into BIOS, and I just choose" save changed and exit", I go into the clover again and at this time I can see all partitions, such as Window, Ubuntu, mac, and other nonbootable partition. How to fix that??

Last edited:
Actually the backlight patch fixed that issue but now, after patching the DSDT and SSDT files it fails when booting (it just restarts a little bit after booting). I applied patch by patch and restarted to see what was causing the issue and it seems to be the GFX0 to IGPU patch because if I do the others:

[syn] Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
[igpu] Brightness fix
[sys] IRQ fix
[sys] Skylake LPC
[usb] USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake

There doesn't seem to be a problem. I am following this guide somewhat:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tan-hackintosh-dual-boot-with-windows.196138/

What I did was patched the DSDT then went through each SSDT not ending in an x and did just the GFX0 to IGPU patch, and fixed the errors that were in some of the .dsl files, I am also attaching the modified DSDT and SSDT files. I took the attached Clover files and just put those files from the SSDTs folder and put them in the patched folder and it just keeps resetting when booting. I have the new version of MaciASL and iasl, downloaded them from your repositories today. If you have any advice or could check that out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • kext_info.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 101
  • origin.zip
    150.7 KB · Views: 76
  • SSDTs.zip
    47.9 KB · Views: 95
Hello Rehabman, I have some triple boot problems. I installed my El capitan in ADATA SSD, and my windows and Ubuntu in HDD. I installed the UEFI clover in SDD. The point is that as I reboot my computer from Window or Ubuntu, and I go into SSD, there is only HFS partition for me to boot in. However, when I enter exit and go into BIOS, and I just choose" save changed and exit", I go into the clover again and at this time I can see all partitions, such as Window, Ubuntu, mac, and other nonbootable partition. How to fix that??

You probably (mistakenly) enabled some sort of "fast boot" option in BIOS. Must be disabled.

Actually the backlight patch fixed that issue but now, after patching the DSDT and SSDT files it fails when booting (it just restarts a little bit after booting). I applied patch by patch and restarted to see what was causing the issue and it seems to be the GFX0 to IGPU patch because if I do the others:

[syn] Rename _DSM methods to XDSM
[igpu] Brightness fix
[sys] IRQ fix
[sys] Skylake LPC
[usb] USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake

There doesn't seem to be a problem. I am following this guide somewhat:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tan-hackintosh-dual-boot-with-windows.196138/

What I did was patched the DSDT then went through each SSDT not ending in an x and did just the GFX0 to IGPU patch, and fixed the errors that were in some of the .dsl files, I am also attaching the modified DSDT and SSDT files. I took the attached Clover files and just put those files from the SSDTs folder and put them in the patched folder and it just keeps resetting when booting. I have the new version of MaciASL and iasl, downloaded them from your repositories today. If you have any advice or could check that out, it would be greatly appreciated.

The EFI/Clover you attached has no files in ACPI/patched. So, I don't know why you think you can't boot if you patch... you're not currently patching anything.

The EFI/Clover you attached has no files in ACPI/patched. So, I don't know why you think you can't boot if you patch... you're not currently patching anything.
Sorry with that I deleted out the files from the patched folder and put them in the SSDTs folder. So essentially just the same as what I attached just insert the SSDTs folder contents into the patched folder.

Sorry with that I deleted out the files from the patched folder and put them in the SSDTs folder. So essentially just the same as what I attached just insert the SSDTs folder contents into the patched folder.

If you placed patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched with no modifications to config.plist, it would result in an incorrect ACPI setup. As per guide, DropOem=true is required with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You have it set false.

And no idea if the correct files are in the SSDTs.zip. You didn't press F4 to populate ACPI/origin.

If you placed patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched with no modifications to config.plist, it would result in an incorrect ACPI setup. As per guide, DropOem=true is required with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You have it set false.

And no idea if the correct files are in the SSDTs.zip. You didn't press F4 to populate ACPI/origin.
I separated that as well, I took all of the F4 populated files and put them in the origin folder and deleted everything that wasn't DSDT or an SSDT file. Let me try setting the DropOem flag and if that doesn't work I'll compile everything and leave it in the EFI/Clover folders. Thanks for letting me know that though about the DropOem.

Back