Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

If you have an ioreg, you have already installed, and your posts here are off-topic.

Also, the ioreg shows 10.10. Irrelevant to 10.11.

You do not need patched ACPI to boot the installer.

Please be specific, detailed, and accurate about the problem you have.

When I boot from my USB installer for 10.11 and stalls after DSMOS arrived, and you stated that it might be a USB problem in the El Capitan and I read through the documentation and added it to my USB installer. That's the problem right now, and I wanted to know if the modification I made would work or what I did wrong...

When I boot from my USB installer for 10.11 and stalls after DSMOS arrived, and you stated that it might be a USB problem in the El Capitan and I read through the documentation and added it to my USB installer. That's the problem right now, and I wanted to know if the modification I made would work or what I did wrong...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I am stuck here...

Attachments

• P_20160608_233645.jpg
    P_20160608_233645.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 109

Why is GenericUSBXHCI.kext, when the guide specifically says not to use it?

Try dropping the CPU related SSDTs (there is an alternate DropTables for this, provided your SSDTs use the typical identifiers).

Also, keep in mind that to use Inject/Intel=true, you need to set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb.

How to do this?

There is an alternate DropTables (as described in the guide) which might help.
Otherwise, you have to examine the SSDTs, pick the ones that are CPU related and eliminate them via the drop tables menu.

This is the biggest challenge for me. Do you know any easy method for this?

No easy way without direct BIOS option. Various methods are linked in the FAQ.

Hi, looking to run this on my laptop. never done this before... I've read through the FAQ's but haven't worked out whether my dedicated graphics will still work. Could someone maybe look at my specs and tell me whether this laptop would work as a hackintosh running El Capitan??

Laptop -
HP Pavilion 15-p069tx (bootloader unknown), i7-4510U/HP 2281 (U3E1), HD4400, Nvidia 840M 2gb, 1366x768

Last edited by a moderator:
- "VT-d" (virtualization for directed i/o) should be disabled if possible (the config.plist includes dart=0 in case you can't do this)
- "DEP" (data execution prevention) should be enabled for OS X

"fast boot" (if available) should be disabled.
- "CSM" (compatibility support module) enabled or disabled (varies)

My bios does not have these options. Will it create panic or make my usb unbootable?

Back