Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Well. Total failure. I created a new installation W10 usb. I downloaded the ISO images and follow your advice copying all the files from the ISO into the USB. Still the process goes well until I get the message "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed." Do not know what else to do or cannot find what I am doing wrong

Check your BIOS options and UEFI entries... with efibootmgr... delete entries that aren't needed.

Latest BIOS?

Try doing a CMOS reset.

Did the computer come with Windows pre-installed UEFI?

Check your BIOS options and UEFI entries... with efibootmgr... delete entries that aren't needed.

Latest BIOS?

Try doing a CMOS reset.

Did the computer come with Windows pre-installed UEFI?

I have this computer for 4 years. And I had windows along the mac for the last four years. Everything was working wonderfully but I wanted to move to the hot patches and ended destroying everything. So my HD has been completely erased several times and repartitioned. I do have the latest BIOS. The computer came with Windows 7 pro, and I still have the original disk. I think it was legacy then but I do not know what legacy or UEFI were at that time. I just followed the guide (I think was before you became the master of the universe), and everything worked. I never tried a CMOS reset. Will try

I have this computer for 4 years. And I had windows along the mac for the last four years. Everything was working wonderfully but I wanted to move to the hot patches and ended destroying everything. So my HD has been completely erased several times and repartitioned. I do have the latest BIOS. The computer came with Windows 7 pro, and I still have the original disk. I think it was legacy then but I do not know what legacy or UEFI were at that time. I just followed the guide (I think was before you became the master of the universe), and everything worked. I never tried a CMOS reset. Will try

If you are referring to your 4530s, then yes, the Win7 disk you have and the Win7Pro originally installed was legacy. Win7 media is not UEFI ready... (but with a USB is easily made ready by copying some files around).

Before trying CMOS reset, you should examine the UEFI entries with efibootmgr. My thought is you have too many of them, and not enough room for Windows to add its own.

I am becoming more and more idiot.

I am batted in linux mint and installed efibootmgr.

When I put the command sudo efibootmgr I get could't open either syses or process directories for accessing EFI variables. Try "mod probe efivars as root

As you can imagine, plain chinese to me

I have installed complete, but always boot with safe mode. what problem??
i try -v but nothing on sreen. i used clover

I am becoming more and more idiot.

I am batted in linux mint and installed efibootmgr.

When I put the command sudo efibootmgr I get could't open either syses or process directories for accessing EFI variables. Try "mod probe efivars as root

As you can imagine, plain chinese to me

Read post #2. I used Ubuntu. efibootmgr must be installed with apt-get.

I have installed complete, but always boot with safe mode. what problem??
i try -v but nothing on sreen. i used clover

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

--

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

--

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
boot verbose

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 84
  • P_20160423_204148.jpg
    P_20160423_204148.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 89
boot verbose

Your Clover/kexts is not per guide.

Patched ACPI not needed to reach the installer. Remove ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.

Your config.plist is not per guide.

Follow the guide in post #1 as written.

Read post #2. I used Ubuntu. efibootmgr must be installed with apt-get.

Hello again. I am sure you are tired, very tired of me and my inability to install windows in UEFI.

First, I made a discovery. efibootmgr DOES NOT work in linux mint. I erased my mint pendrive and made it an ubuntu pendrive and voila. Worked like a charm, very easy, not difficult at all!

I check the entries there were only three, one for netbook ethernet, one for Microsoft and one for Mac OS. Just in case I deleted the Microsoft and the Mac OS.

Try one more time the installer bootting through F9/EFI/etc. I formatted the whole HD (which is an SSD) with the windows installer. But still it fails and give me the deadly "Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed."

I guess that there is nothing else to do and I really do not want to do the CMOS reset. Although I am comfortable taking the computer apart, I have done it and I built computers as well, it is too risky and I might burnt the motherboard.

The most frustrating part is that my 4530 had El Capitan and Windows 10 side by side until 2 weeks ago.

Unless you have any other ideas, I think I have got to the end of the road.

Back