Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hello Rehabman. I was finally able to install windows 10 UEFI. I used my USB installer to install W10 in my Lenovo, so it did not make any sense that I could not do it my HP which had which had W10 before I decided to move from the PBI to hot patches. So I flashed the bios. I had F60 and flashed with a fresh F60. And believe it or not in less than 10 minutes I was able to install W10 without any issues. Now I have back El Capitan with W10 in my 4530s. Thanks for your patience.

Hello Sir!
I Was Following This Post As You Said! But When I Boot From USB Then There Is No Option To Boot From Pen Drive In Clover!
Why Is It So?
Thanks In Advance! :)

First, you need to fill out your profile with hardware details as requested in post #1.
Then, are you using UEFI or legacy boot?
Did you create the USB as GPT or MBR?
Did you use your BIOS hotkey to select the USB as boot device?
Did you forget HFSPlus.efi?

Hello Rehabman. I was finally able to install windows 10 UEFI. I used my USB installer to install W10 in my Lenovo, so it did not make any sense that I could not do it my HP which had which had W10 before I decided to move from the PBI to hot patches. So I flashed the bios. I had F60 and flashed with a fresh F60. And believe it or not in less than 10 minutes I was able to install W10 without any issues. Now I have back El Capitan with W10 in my 4530s. Thanks for your patience.

The BIOS flash probably reset the UEFI entries, which might have also been accomplished with BIOS reset or CMOS reset.

First, you need to fill out your profile with hardware details as requested in post #1.
Then, are you using UEFI or legacy boot?
Did you create the USB as GPT or MBR?
Did you use your BIOS hotkey to select the USB as boot device?
Did you forget HFSPlus.efi?
Sorry For That Sir!
Next Time I Will!

I Am Using UEFI
Yes I Did Use That!
Oh Forgot That!

Thanks Sir!

After Installing And Booting From HDD! After Loading There Is A Black Blank Screen!
How Can I Fix It?

After Installing And Booting From HDD! After Loading There Is A Black Blank Screen!
How Can I Fix It?

Please fill out your profile with hardware details (*before* you reply).

Make sure your HDD EFI/Clover is configured exactly as USB (config.plist, kexts, drivers64UEFI, etc).

If still not working, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Hey,
I've followed the guide very carefully, however, while booting installer I get a following kernel panic: http://i.imgur.com/Mbn15Vb.jpg

Here is how I have my USB configured:

Could I have missed something important? My laptop specs are in the signature.
Thanks.

Hey,
I've followed the guide very carefully, however, while booting installer I get a following kernel panic: http://i.imgur.com/Mbn15Vb.jpg

Here is how I have my USB configured:

Could I have missed something important? My laptop specs are in the signature.
Thanks.

It seems likely you neglected to set DVMT-prealloc (usually 64mb, but can vary depending on screen resoluton) as mentioned in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Back