Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Kind reguards Sir , I followed you guide step by step from beginning to end . But after patching all and rebooting my graphics memory went from 1536 to 7mb . I saw replies where you told a few people to edit the config.plist file with inject intel equal=true , but I have no idea where in the file to put that line or how to write it out . Also my intel graphics card is not showing up at all with DPCImanager , I even tried costum bootflags to no avail . I've been searching for days for a fix with no luck . Could you please have mercy on me and help me with a solution . I have no idea what to try next , and i'm really desperate for some guidance on this issue . Thanks so much in advanced .

Kind reguards Sir , I followed you guide step by step from beginning to end . But after patching all and rebooting my graphics memory went from 1536 to 7mb . I saw replies where you told a few people to edit the config.plist file with inject intel equal=true , but I have no idea where in the file to put that line or how to write it out . Also my intel graphics card is not showing up at all with DPCImanager , I even tried costum bootflags to no avail . I've been searching for days for a fix with no luck . Could you please have mercy on me and help me with a solution . I have no idea what to try next , and i'm really desperate for some guidance on this issue . Thanks so much in advanced .

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hi man I need your help
I have done El Capitan installation successfully, but the kext beast I didn't do it properly.however I restarted the pc and the issue arises ,the problem is "I can't boot up to el captain due to the fact I can't add boot flags in the clover menu, I mean it used to be an option menu in the clover interface where I can add the flags through it, but now it just disappear" the flag that I want to insert is "nv_disable=1" .
sorry for my bad English @_@. Appreciate you help man

here is a screenshot of the clover menu
image.jpeg

Hi man I need your help
I have done El Capitan installation successfully, but the kext beast I didn't do it properly.however I restarted the pc and the issue arises ,the problem is "I can't boot up to el captain due to the fact I can't add boot flags in the clover menu, I mean it used to be an option menu in the clover interface where I can add the flags through it, but now it just disappear" the flag that I want to insert is "nv_disable=1" .
sorry for my bad English @_@. Appreciate you help man

here is a screenshot of the clover menu
View attachment 169586

The plists in post #1 alread include nv_disable=1. They also use a proper theme that allows you to set kernel flags in Clover options.

Read post #1 and follow it exactly.

Hi, after the boot using clover, the Apple logo shows with a progress bar. But when that progress bar reaches the finish there is a stop sign or something. I don't know what is happening.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder.

Rehab.
Are the maximum USB port issues not present in Yosemite, as Apple has changed the way they handled in El C? Why did they do this?
Are their really any advantages other than what CPU's are recognized by the kernel in using El C. over Yosemite? Why is it, when entering bootflags in Clover, under Options, the flag disappears when hitting the enter key on your booting usb key, is the flag still temporarily present, and working after continuing the boot or is this a theme issue? Is Fake SMC and Trim handled differently by El C than Yosemite?

Rehab.
Are the maximum USB port issues not present in Yosemite, as Apple has changed the way they handled in El C?

Correct.

Why did they do this?

I'm not privy to the Apple engineers' thoughts. My guess would be they rewrote the drivers to work better with current and future Apple products.

Are their really any advantages other than what CPU's are recognized by the kernel in using El C. over Yosemite?

You can read about the new features in 10.11 at apple.com.

Why is it, when entering bootflags in Clover, under Options, the flag disappears when hitting the enter key on your booting usb key, is the flag still temporarily present, and working after continuing the boot or is this a theme issue?

No idea. It could be that you have a very long list of flags, and after pressing enter, the additional flags are truncated from the display.

Is Fake SMC and Trim handled differently by El C than Yosemite?

FakeSMC is the same. I use the same trim patch on 10.11 as on others...

Hi Rehabman, I came to you again for help as I try to get 10.11 running on my HP dv6-6030cl. I followed your guide exactly, boot in verbose mode and it hangs after "IOBluetoothFamily" and then come to a distorted screen saying "still waiting for root device". Any ideas?
IMG_2649.jpgIMG_2650.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 82
Back