Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi Rehabman, I came to you again for help as I try to get 10.11 running on my HP dv6-6030cl. I followed your guide exactly, boot in verbose mode and it hangs after "IOBluetoothFamily" and then come to a distorted screen saying "still waiting for root device". Any ideas?
View attachment 170745View attachment 170747

Post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Clover folder is in the .zip file. I deleted all themes except bluemac. Still can't get pass "still...device"

Clover folder is in the .zip file. I deleted all themes except bluemac. Still can't get pass "still...device"

EFI folder not requested. Please provide only EFI/Clover. Strip all 'themes'. It will make the download smaller.

I followed the guide installing Clover legacy since UEFI is not supported. I will try a different USB drive.

I followed the guide installing Clover legacy since UEFI is not supported. I will try a different USB drive.

Try all USB ports. Make sure the flash drive is USB2. Your USB3 controller is probably not supported.

And USB2 may have issues too. Doing the EHCx->EH0x rename, and using USBInjectAll.kext is a no-brainer.

Hey! I followed the instructions from the first post, but once I complete phase 1 of installation,
my laptop no longer detects the USB!

Could be a faulty USB drive? Or have I missed a step?

thanks!

Hey! I followed the instructions from the first post, but once I complete phase 1 of installation,
my laptop no longer detects the USB!

Could be a faulty USB drive? Or have I missed a step?

thanks!

Are you accessing your BIOS boot menu?

RehabMan said:
You should install all kexts you need (including FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, etc) to /System/Library/Extensions (/S/L/E) using a kext installer (such as Kext Wizard). Think carefully about "kexts you need". For example, if you needed HPRAIDInjector.kext for a SATA chip locked in RAID mode, you'll need to install it in order to boot (without it, the system would be unable to mount root and would get stuck early in the boot process).

Of course, essential kexts should be installed to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as they are needed to boot the installer (during updates) or the recovery partition.

There's something I don't understand...
Isn't FakeSMS an essential kext? or do you speak about the usb EFI?
Or I have to get FakeSMC and VoodooPS2 in both HDD/EFI/CLOVER/kext and S/L/E(installed using kext wizard)?

I begin to understand what I have to do... already installed "basic" with clover once but now going on el captain! I still have to understand the whole patchin' HDA, DSDT and SSDT thing.. I suppose there's is some good tutos on how to do it step by step... any advice on a good starting point about the patching process for the first timer?

Is DPCIManager and kextWizard compatible with el Captain?

Big thanks for all the advices and kexts and....so on!

Back