Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

3840x2160, but im using 1920x1080

No such possibility of using 1920x1080 when the display is 3840x2160.

UHD/QHD+ is covered in the FAQ. You must boot without Intel injection until you can patch IOKit.

No such possibility of using 1920x1080 when the display is 3840x2160.

UHD/QHD+ is covered in the FAQ. You must boot without Intel injection until you can patch IOKit.
So i most remove the intel injection to be able to install mac os x? If so how can i remove the injection?

So i most remove the intel injection to be able to install mac os x? If so how can i remove the injection?

You can do it from the Clover menus or by setting config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false.

Please update your profile to include your screen resolution as requested.

You can do it from the Clover menus or by setting config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false.

Please update your profile to include your screen resolution as requested.
So i managed to get it up to here, first time i booted without injecting intel, i got a kernel panic. I tried again so i could take a picture but now im stuck here, i ran it with -v to see and it turned into this and now is stuck there

24yyc89.jpg

Edit: Weird tried once more and i managed to go into the installer, im currently installing mac os x on my m.2 ssd

Also once i install mac os x, what do i need to do next? How do i patch the IOKit? Or is thats done later?

Edit 2: so i kept going with the installation first ran install_osx then the pc rebooted and ran install_osx again. Now when i try going into the partition where mac os x is installed i get this

33u6d8g.jpg
wbw94y.jpg

error on upgrading 10.11 from 10.10.5

clover 3320

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 4.16.17 PM.png

ASUS Laptop A43SV

Screen Shot 2015-12-09 at 4.22.45 PM.png

Also once i install mac os x, what do i need to do next? How do i patch the IOKit? Or is thats done later?

Patching IOKit is done post-install. Read the FAQ.

Edit 2: so i kept going with the installation first ran install_osx then the pc rebooted and ran install_osx again. Now when i try going into the partition where mac os x is installed i get this

View attachment 166182
View attachment 166183

Post EFI/Clover folder.

From where did you download OS X?

already using 3320, not later than 3292?

Back