Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Not booting osx...its just osx not windows...i used the createinstallmedia method but i was able to boot osx from the target partition even without booting the installer again....now after all the steps when i try to boot, i am stuck on apple logo...when i boot from pen drive, i can reaxh the desktop and everything works fine....tried verbose but nothing is shown...check image...also when i boot from the usb, in one of the usb3 ports, when i plug in my usb3 hard drive, it says usb device needs more power....i dont know what changes you made but the previous versions were quite stable....any solutiom as to why it is showing this kind of verbose boot screen ?

Attachments

• IMG_20151209_191202.jpg
    IMG_20151209_191202.jpg
    706.8 KB · Views: 59
Not booting osx...its just osx not windows...i used the createinstallmedia method but i was able to boot osx from the target partition even without booting the installer again....now after all the steps when i try to boot, i am stuck on apple logo...when i boot from pen drive, i can reaxh the desktop and everything works fine....tried verbose but nothing is shown...check image...also when i boot from the usb, in one of the usb3 ports, when i plug in my usb3 hard drive, it says usb device needs more power....i dont know what changes you made but the previous versions were quite stable....any solutiom as to why it is showing this kind of verbose boot screen ?

Follow guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi-10-11-a.html

ill try once more with different usb, and redownload the mac os x.

what about patching IOKit i seem to have 128MB for the DVMT do i really need to patch anything?

So i redownloaded mac os x el capitan 10.11.2 and remade the bootable usb. Everything went smoothly now I can boot mac os x from usb after installation. Now what do i ned to do to patch IOKit to make hd4600 work

So i redownloaded mac os x el capitan 10.11.2 and remade the bootable usb. Everything went smoothly now I can boot mac os x from usb after installation. Now what do i ned to do to patch IOKit to make hd4600 work

The requirements for QHD+/UHD are is covered in the FAQ.

For HD4600 QHD+/UHD:
- normal requirements for HD4600 (FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086, FakePCIID kexts)
- patched framebuffer 0xa2e0008 for 128mb DVTM-prealloc (it is in my plist files, but disabled)
- DVMT-prealloc set to 128mb in BIOS
- patched IOKit

(some use 96mb prealloc setting, matching framebuffer patch)

All requirements must be met before the internal display will work correctly.

Done
- patched framebuffer 0xa2e0008 for 128mb DVTM-prealloc (it is in my plist files, but disabled)
Done
By Default its on 128MB so Done
- patched IOKit
Done

Results: Same problem, computer boots up to login screen then it turns black completely.

Done
Done
By Default its on 128MB so Done
- patched IOKit
Done

Results: Same problem, computer boots up to login screen then it turns black completely.

Did you patch IOKit?
Did you set DVMT-prealloc to 128mb?
Did you enable the 128mb patch for 0xa2e0008?
Did you set ig-platform-id=0xa2e0008?
Did you boot without caches (so Clover can patch the kext)?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

How did you determine that it is set to 128mb?
Well from the link you gave me it said that if in windows 10 Pro said 128MB then in bios is set to 128Mb too. But now i installed windows 8.1 Pro and now it says 160MB. I will have to use efi shell method. But i need to dump my bios. How can i do that?

Well from the link you gave me it said that if in windows 10 Pro said 128MB then in bios is set to 128Mb too. But now i installed windows 8.1 Pro and now it says 160MB. I will have to use efi shell method. But i need to dump my bios. How can i do that?

If you read the FAQ you will see that there is no correlation with what Windows displays.

It is pure hackintosh myth.

Unfortunately, those responsible for the bad information are not updating their posts.

Dumping BIOS, using UEFiTools, IFR extactor, etc, is still covered reasonably well by those guides.

If you read the FAQ you will see that there is no correlation with what Windows displays.

It is pure hackintosh myth.

Unfortunately, those responsible for the bad information are not updating their posts.

Dumping BIOS, using UEFiTools, IFR extactor, etc, is still covered reasonably well by those guides.
Yes. Do you know of any bios dumping programs, i cant find one. My bios is Alienware. Been trying to look for one but havent found one

Yes. Do you know of any bios dumping programs, i cant find one. My bios is Alienware. Been trying to look for one but havent found one

It is probably easiest to extract BIOS from a BIOS update EXE provided by the OEM.

But there are ways to read BIOS with various tools. Some are discussed/linked in the various guides linked by the FAQ.

Back