Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Your config.plist is wrong.

I didn't check anything else. Read post #1.

Hi,

Solved the problem.
Basically i just replaced all my files inside EFI/CLOVER/ with the files of my usb drive and now it boots directly from my hard drive.
Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it. :)

Hi,

Solved the problem.
Basically i just replaced all my files inside EFI/CLOVER/ with the files of my usb drive and now it boots directly from my hard drive.
Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it. :)

Yes... as stated in the guide, initial configuration of Clover on HDD should be the same as you did for USB.

# repartition /dev/disk1 MBR, two partitions
# first partition, "CLOVER EFI" FAT32, 200MiB
# second partition, "install_osx", HFS+J, remainder
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk1 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 200Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R
just copy this code and paste in terminal?

Clover and the OS X installer are placed on separate partitions on the USB. There are two options as is relates to USB partitioning:
that os x installer need to download from the appstore right?
(like this reply for yes)

Hi guys, I'm trying to succeed but it won't work. When I put the code under createinstallmedio method in the terminal it says media: command not found. What did I do wrong???

Hi guys, I'm trying to succeed but it won't work. When I put the code under createinstallmedio method in the terminal it says media: command not found. What did I do wrong???

Post an image of what you're doing in Terminal.

Keep in mind spaces in Terminal are significant. You cannot insert or remove spaces from the commands. And spelling is important. It is createinstallmedia, not createinstallmedio.

Already fixed it, however now I'm stuck with giving a password.. Is it correct I dont see anything when typing my password?? By that I mean no '*' or letters? sorry for not knowing these things, very new to it..

Already fixed it, however now I'm stuck with giving a password.. Is it correct I dont see anything when typing my password?? By that I mean no '*' or letters? sorry for not knowing these things, very new to it..

It is normal. Type it anyway.

Back