Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

I get occasional kernel panics when try to boot. And sometimes my system restarts automatically. Especially when it is not active for few minutes. Is it normal? Or is there a problem?

Off-topic. Open a separate thread.

Just a guess: You have not patched ACPI and implemented native CPU PM.

Hi, my laptop is Asus N56VV, and sorry to bother. I have followed your guide with my el capitan installer downloaded from App Store, and with so many difficulities, i have booted into OSX Ultilities and it showed the option of Reinstall OSX. But after I selected it showed
"os x cannot be installed because you aren't connected to the internet"
I don't know what is wrong with this. Please reply as soon as you can. Thank you very much

Attachments

• install01.jpg
    install01.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 104
  • install02.jpg
    install02.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 128
Hello,
I have an issue. When i try to boot from my usb to the main partition, it boots perfectly. But when i try to boot directly from my main partition, it just shows the apple logo and then just restarts to the bootloader.

Hello,
I have an issue. When i try to boot from my usb to the main partition, it boots perfectly. But when i try to boot directly from my main partition, it just shows the apple logo and then just restarts to the bootloader.

Make sure you configured Clover exactly as you did for the USB (drivers64UEFI, kexts, config.plist, etc.)

I did exactly same, but the problem still persists

I used mbr method for usb partitioning and i formatted my main hard disk with guid partition. Is it beacus of this?

Hi, my laptop is Asus N56VV, and sorry to bother. I have followed your guide with my el capitan installer downloaded from App Store, and with so many difficulities, i have booted into OSX Ultilities and it showed the option of Reinstall OSX. But after I selected it showed
"os x cannot be installed because you aren't connected to the internet"
I don't know what is wrong with this. Please reply as soon as you can. Thank you very much
Anybody can solve this, please reply, I'm quite desperate because i have tried so many ways but this is the only way i can boot into the installer. sorry for bothering

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the image of boot with verbose and my clover configuration
My laptop is dell vostro 3558
core i3 4005u
intel hd graphics 4400

Attachments

• IMG_20160619_211406.jpg
    IMG_20160619_211406.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 86
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
Here is the image of boot with verbose and my clover configuration
My laptop is dell vostro 3558
core i3 4005u
intel hd graphics 4400

You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Your config.plist is wrong.

I didn't check anything else. Read post #1.

Back