Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

OK that's understood. Any idea how it still managed to boot windows directly when I swapped the 2 disk locations? Just for my understanding, I wont try it again!

I think the 6-series ProBook will only boot UEFI automatically from the main SATA drive. No mechanism to select priority between UEFI devices in BIOS.

Hey guys

1st let start by saying that u ppl R incredible, I've been using ur files & guides for the past 2 & a half years with no problems whatsoever, but now I'm facing an issue which have been driving me crazy for over a week.

For reasons unimportant I wanted to reinstall my OSs and I started with OSX, I had both Yosemite & el capitan on seperate 8GB usb sticks but I nvr tried the el capitan stick cause I upgraded directly from Yosemite ...., naturally I tried el capitan stick 1st but it didn't load the installer, instead I got that dreadful OS X Utility screen, so I plugged Yosemite and it ran as smoothly as usual then I upgraded to El Capitan ...

For reasons unimportant I had to repeat that same process again, but before that I did on small thing which is upgrade my bios to F.60, and here is where **** hit the fan .....

It no longer open to the installation page instead I got that OS X Utilities page, I tried everything from reverting to old bios "which wasn't doable" to following the guide and creating the USB again, still I got that same dreadful page ....

image.jpeg

Last thing I did is follow that new guide and made a new El Capitan usb stick and still got that same damn screen ....

I'm stumped and don't know what to do ...., please help.

FYI: I tried both MBR and GPT, I followed the "createinstallmedia" steps, I'm pretty sure I choose the correct config.plist, and I added alll the kexts required ...

My machine details: HP Probook 4540s, Ivy laptop, CPU i5-3210M, 8193 MB Ram, Graphics Intel HD4000 1366x786 / Radeon 7600, Clover UEFI

H
E
L
P

Hey guys

1st let start by saying that u ppl R incredible, I've been using ur files & guides for the past 2 & a half years with no problems whatsoever, but now I'm facing an issue which have been driving me crazy for over a week.

For reasons unimportant I wanted to reinstall my OSs and I started with OSX, I had both Yosemite & el capitan on seperate 8GB usb sticks but I nvr tried the el capitan stick cause I upgraded directly from Yosemite ...., naturally I tried el capitan stick 1st but it didn't load the installer, instead I got that dreadful OS X Utility screen, so I plugged Yosemite and it ran as smoothly as usual then I upgraded to El Capitan ...

For reasons unimportant I had to repeat that same process again, but before that I did on small thing which is upgrade my bios to F.60, and here is where **** hit the fan .....

It no longer open to the installation page instead I got that OS X Utilities page, I tried everything from reverting to old bios "which wasn't doable" to following the guide and creating the USB again, still I got that same dreadful page ....

Last thing I did is follow that new guide and made a new El Capitan usb stick and still got that same damn screen ....

I'm stumped and don't know what to do ...., please help.

FYI: I tried both MBR and GPT, I followed the "createinstallmedia" steps, I'm pretty sure I choose the correct config.plist, and I added alll the kexts required ...

My machine details: HP Probook 4540s, Ivy laptop, CPU i5-3210M, 8193 MB Ram, Graphics Intel HD4000 1366x786 / Radeon 7600, Clover UEFI

H
E
L
P

You will need to provide a photo showing your issue.

It has an option for "Install OS X" and "Disk Utility" just as expected.

That's true but that is not the normal installing screen, still I did try to install through this options but I always get the error in the screenshot below

image.jpeg

Back