[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 75
It still does the same thing.

Try all USB ports. Make sure you're using a USB2 stick.

If still not working, put the installer on your HDD instead of USB...

Try all USB ports. Make sure you're using a USB2 stick.

If still not working, put the installer on your HDD instead of USB...

It is a USB2 stick, and I tried all the ports but still.
Do you have a link showing how to put installer on a HDD?

It is a USB2 stick, and I tried all the ports but still.
Do you have a link showing how to put installer on a HDD?

No link, but relatively obvious. Remove HDD from your laptop, connect to another computer. Partition the HDD (GPT) so you have a partition for OS X itself, and a small partition (10gb) for the installer (install_osx). Then follow the instructions in post #1 as if it was a USB (createinstallmedia, etc)... After you have it prepared, re-install the HDD into the laptop. You can continue to boot Clover from the USB or you can copy it to the EFI on the HDD (either way same thing).

You will probably want the install_osx partition after the main partition so you can remove it (and expand the main partition into the space) if you don't need it later.

No link, but relatively obvious. Remove HDD from your laptop, connect to another computer. Partition the HDD (GPT) so you have a partition for OS X itself, and a small partition (10gb) for the installer (install_osx). Then follow the instructions in post #1 as if it was a USB (createinstallmedia, etc)... After you have it prepared, re-install the HDD into the laptop. You can continue to boot Clover from the USB or you can copy it to the EFI on the HDD (either way same thing).

You will probably want the install_osx partition after the main partition so you can remove it (and expand the main partition into the space) if you don't need it later.

Yay, installer is loaded up. It is surely that USB ports cause the problem. Do you have nay idea to fix it post-installation?

Thank you very much.

Yay, installer is loaded up. It is surely that USB ports cause the problem. Do you have nay idea to fix it post-installation?

Thank you very much.

After the 1st reboot, I have this error

considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild rebuild has expired

What should I do?

After the 1st reboot, I have this error

considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild rebuild has expired

What should I do?

It is not an error. It just means that IOKit sees a reason to rebuild kernel cache.

It is not an error. It just means that IOKit sees a reason to rebuild kernel cache.

It is better to give you the whole screen.

Attachments

• IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 70
Back