Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

I don't think it is caused by USB because I could install Yosemite by using Unibeast/Multibeast. I will try Clover legacy tonight.

I don't think it is caused by USB because I could install Yosemite by using Unibeast/Multibeast. I will try Clover legacy tonight.

What version of Unibeast? Current Unibeast uses Clover.

I used Clover Legacy and I could see some loading text. But the screen is blurry and stop.

HP Probook 6550b HM57 (Clover Legacy)

Intel Core i5 450M
Intel HD graphics 1366x768

I used Unibeast 5.2.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0943.JPG
    IMG_0943.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 86
If I install Yosemite, USB will not cause any problem, right?

Rehabman,
I'm having trouble installing El Cap over my existing Yosemite install on USB. I currently have done everything in the guide and with the 10.11 changes to USB guide. I have also changed my graphics to Intel = FALSE, but still no luck. I have attached my EFI/CLOVER folder, and screenshots of my verbose boot. Thanks!
IMG_2335.jpgIMG_1195.JPG

Attachments

• CLOVER 3-20.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
Rehabman,
I'm having trouble installing El Cap over my existing Yosemite install on USB. I currently have done everything in the guide and with the 10.11 changes to USB guide. I have also changed my graphics to Intel = FALSE, but still no luck. I have attached my EFI/CLOVER folder, and screenshots of my verbose boot. Thanks!
View attachment 181752View attachment 181756

What do you mean by "existing Yosemite install on USB"?

What do you mean by "existing Yosemite install on USB"?

I have Yosemite installed currently but am creating usb for El Cap to install over Yosemite.

Back