Contribute
Register

GUIDE (BETA): P8P67-M-Pro + i5 2400 + 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dvudd said:
Hi Emaf

I followed your guide yesterday with great success, except that after the 10.6.7 update it refused to boot with ^Andy^ Boot CD, I tried putting in the iBoot instead and that worked so I could complete the installation.

Asus P8P67-M Pro
I5 2500k
8GB RAM
ATI HD5850

As far as I could see it all works, with the exception from sleep. Will test it some more yesterday.

I tried this and Iboot does not work either. I reburned it to make sure it was correct, as an image. Still doesn't work. Any suggestions?
EDIT: I started to suspect nero burned a bad ISO of Iboot. It did. I reburned, and not I see Iboot, but it still did not boot to mac. going to do a fresh install using Andy's bootcd, then installing 10.6.7 updater, I'll reboot with Iboot and see if I can install Andy's package pro.

superman09 said:
thehune said:
I have your exact set up. I first installed all the way up to the 10.6.7 update, rebooted and got the same thing happening...it would hang on the apple with the little circle timer. I then saw a post to try installing the combo updater, then before hitting restart install the package from andy's disk. I tried this and then after words I hit restart from package install. I am still not able to boot into mac. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Well, this is how i got my one to install
boot from andy cd 4 >> install snow retail >> reboot >> combo 10.7 update from mac >> reboot (If i install andy prior to reboot i get kernal panic) >> install used andy install smaller package (think its around 8mb off the top of my head-one without all new video codecs) >> reboot >> couldnt load without andy boot >> made disk active and it booted without cd >> did software update >> used same andy install file >> done.

i found that when i found i didnt need multibeast for my audio, but i did need to use a certain andy install. I found 3 different types when looking. If u have no luck, let me know and i will confirm all files i used. (its on a cd somewhere in my pile, need to hunt it out)

However the only 2 thinga I am still stuck on a this stage is the blu-ray, havent found anything for it..... but im startin to think tryin different apps
and getting the sleep to work, in the end i just turned the thing off.

My problem was after combo install neither the drive or Andy's bootcd would load. If I tried booting from andys cd I would get an error message saying
"Unable to find driver for this platform: \ "ACPI\"

when you rebooted after combo update, did andy's bootcd get you back to os? I don't understand why mine isn't.

EDIT: I successfully used the Iboot disc to get os loaded. I then installed the package pro from Andy's bootcd. When I restarted I needed to use the Iboot disc, highlight the hard drive and flag "graphicsenabler=yes".

So I'm wondering what else I need to install. Going by Andy's instructions I should be done and should be able to load from the hard drive. Should I reinstall the pro package again? (If I read correctly that is what you did?)

Thanks for you help. Been at this all day. ug.

thehune said:
superman09 said:
thehune said:
I have your exact set up. I first installed all the way up to the 10.6.7 update, rebooted and got the same thing happening...it would hang on the apple with the little circle timer. I then saw a post to try installing the combo updater, then before hitting restart install the package from andy's disk. I tried this and then after words I hit restart from package install. I am still not able to boot into mac. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Well, this is how i got my one to install
boot from andy cd 4 >> install snow retail >> reboot >> combo 10.7 update from mac >> reboot (If i install andy prior to reboot i get kernal panic) >> install used andy install smaller package (think its around 8mb off the top of my head-one without all new video codecs) >> reboot >> couldnt load without andy boot >> made disk active and it booted without cd >> did software update >> used same andy install file >> done.

i found that when i found i didnt need multibeast for my audio, but i did need to use a certain andy install. I found 3 different types when looking. If u have no luck, let me know and i will confirm all files i used. (its on a cd somewhere in my pile, need to hunt it out)

However the only 2 thinga I am still stuck on a this stage is the blu-ray, havent found anything for it..... but im startin to think tryin different apps
and getting the sleep to work, in the end i just turned the thing off.

My problem was after combo install neither the drive or Andy's bootcd would load. If I tried booting from andys cd I would get an error message saying
"Unable to find driver for this platform: \ "ACPI\"

when you rebooted after combo update, did andy's bootcd get you back to os? I don't understand why mine isn't.
i had to use latest iboot to get back into os after your last step. try it! then i ran andy package and rebooted, then no more boot disk needed. i then installed sound and network form multibeast. sound fails install on my board but i ran kext utility and rebooted and sound works anyway. network was easy, i used the third one in multibeast, the realtek one, let me know if you need help. we have the same hardware.... still working on tweaking everything out....

I reinstalled Andy's pro package. It doesn't hang up anymore, but gives me an error message that says. "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again." I feel like I'm missing some drivers or something. Even if I add the "graphicsenabler=yes" is still gives me that error now. Suggestions?

I can load up with the "-x -v" flag.

I added this in my com.apple.Boot.plist
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64 pmVersion=23</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

So I finally got it to boot without boot disc. I still don't know why it took so many tries. I started from scratch again and tried following the guide again. After doing the combo update I could not boot into OS with Andy's cd. I would try booting via -x -v and -x -s and would always get hung up at some point. I then tried Iboot and would get hung up. So I left. I booted down and hung out with the family for a bit. Came back downstairs and tried booting from Iboot via -x-v and it finally got me to the os. I then was able to run Andy's Pro package and the kext utility. I changed the graphicsenabler to YES and added the arch=86_64 pmVersion=23 string. I was then finally able to reboot from the hard drive.

geez. I guess it needed to just sit for a bit. haven't tested anything yet. Going to start doing that now

Thanks for the help everyone.

superman09 said:
thehune said:
I guess it needed to just sit for a bit. haven't tested anything yet. Going to start doing that now

Hey man, word of advice, even though my method didnt work, i had just as much trouble gettin the thing working. BEFORE U MAKE ANY CHANGE BACK UP UR DISK!!!!

just get any external hd or 2drive if u have one format to osx journaled, then you can use time-machine to back up. Once backed up, u can always re-image the pc from the osx install cd/usb!! saves soooooo much time if u screw something up.

To get to the point i am now, i had to re-image so many times

yes...I did this immediately. So I have a nice Image of 10.6.7 with out any apps installed via Time Machine on an external hard drive. I'm going to be using this hard drive just for Time machine.

Hokay, so...

My issue with this is that if I have my HD 5850 hooked up, it goes crazy and the fan will spin uncontrollably.

If I'm using my HD 4750, it will get to the Apple logo, the loading wheel will spin slowly and then it will just go to a white screen.
Same with an nVidia.

I'm just wondering if there's an easy fix for this or not.

EDIT: I just tried GraphicsEnabler=No and it booted fine if that helps.

Everything is moving/running very slowly now. =/

EDIT 2: I seem to have everything working, but now I only have one resolution. =/

getting a kernal panic using facetime. anyone seen this? cam is a logitech c910 on 10.6.8.

resolved. used the Lnx2Mac Realtek driver instead of the official one from Realtek and now facetime works!

I was having random kernel panic with transmission too and I am confident this will resolve that issue as well.

NeoGeo71 said:
getting a kernal panic using facetime. anyone seen this? cam is a logitech c910 on 10.6.8.

resolved. used the Lnx2Mac Realtek driver instead of the official one from Realtek and now facetime works!

I was having random kernel panic with transmission too and I am confident this will resolve that issue as well.

i can confirm Lnx2Mac will resolve those kp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back