Contribute
Register

GUIDE (BETA): P8P67-M-Pro + i5 2400 + 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emaf, ahí tienes tu guia con el DSDT incluido!!!

Ya estás tardando en probarla!! (en cuanto lo hagas encargo mi placa :D )

Great job, mrmojorisin17!!!! Took a while following the excellent work you are doing in the thread of DuchtHockeyPro´s DSDT. :thumbup:

Hey guys Im having some trouble with my installation. If anyone could look at this thread I'd really appreciate it

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18733

long time no here... ill check :)

thanks!!

Hi Emaf

I followed your guide yesterday with great success, except that after the 10.6.7 update it refused to boot with ^Andy^ Boot CD, I tried putting in the iBoot instead and that worked so I could complete the installation.

Asus P8P67-M Pro
I5 2500k
8GB RAM
ATI HD5850

As far as I could see it all works, with the exception from sleep. Will test it some more yesterday.

Dvudd said:
Hi Emaf

I followed your guide yesterday with great success, except that after the 10.6.7 update it refused to boot with ^Andy^ Boot CD, I tried putting in the iBoot instead and that worked so I could complete the installation.

Asus P8P67-M Pro
I5 2500k
8GB RAM
ATI HD5850

As far as I could see it all works, with the exception from sleep. Will test it some more yesterday.

mmm may be because of your HD5850? well, anyway i'm glad it helped :headbang:

ok, updating, im reading a lot about DSDT's for this board, the new iMacs, etc... so i would advice anyone planning on install a new set to wait a week or two until it clarifies a little.

btw im now 1000+ over the new iMacs on geekbench with same cpu, so its a good set :)

Re: P8P67-M-Pro + i5 2400 + 16GB + 5770

mrmojorisin17 said:
You have to wait and hopes that GTX 5xx will be supported.
Netkas says that GTX 570 works great on Lion DP2 that has NVDAGF100Hal.kext.
Just wait or take a compatible VGA for the moment.
For example my old 8800GT works like a charm under SL ;)

OK SOLVED It was the version of FCS that was too old...

i get up to the step to run multibeast and it goes almost all the way through and then gives a installation failed, after a reboot, i get kernal panic. Has anyone experienced this on a p8p67-m pro?

I am running 15 2400k, 5770 batman card and 4gb ram. your guide worked for me all the way up to the multibeast section. This is where I failed after selecting network, sound options per your instructions and permissions and cache....

ok, startedover and just installed sound first, it says installation failed but I ran kext utility and rebooted and sound works.

I proceeded with network install and that went fine as well. Is there a fix for the dvd player/geekbench crash issue? I used package off andy boot cd for everything, so I am assuming i am using native drivers for the ati 5770 or somethign form andy's boot cd. Can ijsut enable graphicsenabler=yes to resolve this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back