Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else getting intel gpu hangs? currently using ig-platform-id 0x161E0001

i'd randomly get gpurestart logs in console after having ui hangs(cursor still moves around, rest of the screen is frozen)

Code:
Event:               GPU Reset
Data/Time:           Wed Mar 23 00:52:07 2016
Application:         
Path:                
OS Version:          Mac OS X Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F1713)
Graphics Hardware:   Intel HD Graphics 5300
Signature:           823

Report Data:

===========================================================================
                         Intel GPU Hang Summary
                              version 1.1.0

BDW Graphics is running in Execlist mode
  Scheduler interface revision 1
  Processing hang for hardware context ID[3]

-- Summary of Status for ALL Rings --
MAIN Ring	is hung in the ring		<-- ROOT CAUSE!
MEDIA Ring	is NOT enabled
BLIT Ring	is NOT enabled
VEBOX Ring	is NOT enabled
MEDIA2 Ring	is NOT enabled

everything else seems to be working as intended as far as i can tell, just no luck with this random freeze :(

Attachments

• vinsus.ioreg.zip
    424.7 KB · Views: 113
  • vinsus.clover.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 110
anyone else getting intel gpu hangs? currently using ig-platform-id 0x161E0001

i'd randomly get gpurestart logs in console after having ui hangs(cursor still moves around, rest of the screen is frozen)

Code:
Event:               GPU Reset
Data/Time:           Wed Mar 23 00:52:07 2016
Application:         
Path:                
OS Version:          Mac OS X Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F1713)
Graphics Hardware:   Intel HD Graphics 5300
Signature:           823

Report Data:

Intel GPU Hang Summary
                              version 1.1.0

BDW Graphics is running in Execlist mode
  Scheduler interface revision 1
  Processing hang for hardware context ID[3]

-- Summary of Status for ALL Rings --
MAIN Ring	is hung in the ring		<-- ROOT CAUSE!
MEDIA Ring	is NOT enabled
BLIT Ring	is NOT enabled
VEBOX Ring	is NOT enabled
MEDIA2 Ring	is NOT enabled

everything else seems to be working as intended as far as i can tell, just no luck with this random freeze :(

Update to El Capitan.

Yes last used is a mistake, I tried different ID Platform and the results are:

0x161e0000 memory 1024 mo HDMI 1080p output
0x161e0001 Black screen internal screen and HDMI
0x161e0002 Memory 21 mo internal screen 3200x1800

Normally for HD5300 is 0x161e0001 if I understand?

You can use 0x161E0001 with Inject EDID.

See the El Capitan guide RehabMan linked to for kext patches to enable HDMI out.

RehapMan
It has been a while. Working on other things...
Just upgraded to 11..4 and seem to have video mem problems. Is this a clover problem or is a new patch required for Intel Graphics? Boots in safe mode but graphics are junk...

Thanks
jhawk

RehapMan
It has been a while. Working on other things...
Just upgraded to 11..4 and seem to have video mem problems. Is this a clover problem or is a new patch required for Intel Graphics? Boots in safe mode but graphics are junk...

Thanks
jhawk

Safe mode disables the accelerator kext. Full functionality not expected in safe mode.

Safe mode disables the accelerator kext. Full functionality not expected in safe mode.[/QUOTEI

I was referring to what changes have transpired in OS-X in the 11..4 vs 11..3 to Intel GFX Drivers retirements. Clearly I'm aware of safe mode issues, the reason for safe mode comment is that I have a semi working system to complete any required fixes to get accelerated graphics working. Since this occurred post upgrade to latest version I was hoping you were aware of changes required to Intel Gfx in 1920x1080 to get accelerated graphics running.

Thanks
jhawk

I was referring to what changes have transpired in OS-X in the 11..4 vs 11..3 to Intel GFX Drivers retirements. Clearly I'm aware of safe mode issues, the reason for safe mode comment is that I have a semi working system to complete any required fixes to get accelerated graphics working. Since this occurred post upgrade to latest version I was hoping you were aware of changes required to Intel Gfx in 1920x1080 to get accelerated graphics running.

Thanks
jhawk

Which ig-platform-id are you using? Do you have any patches to the platform data?

Hi all,

thanks to this Guide I've been able to install OS X to my Notebook. Exact model is:
ASUS UX305FA (MS)-FC066H
Core M 5Y10 (Broadwell)
8 GB Ram/128 GB SSD
FullHD
Elantech Touchpad

Right now OS X 10.10.5 (can't download El Capitan with 40 kB/s), Clover, kext package from post 4, and config.plist from post #1 is installed. From here I tried the fast lane, but with the provided DSDT my System doesn't boot (the SSDT-files don't disturb booting). So I want to patch my own DSDT/SSDT. I read:
[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs
[GUIDE] Yosemite install on Asus UX305FA (this thread)

I extracted DSDT, SSDT files via Clover F4 and tried to patch, but some things are not clear to me:
  • Shall I apply refs or not and which shall I apply?
  1. I applied iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml with the refs form "[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs" but got two errors. One about an unreachable statement (return, could fix this) and one about unexpected end of file, which I don't know how to fix.
  2. So I tried this with the refs form "[GUIDE] Yosemite install on Asus UX305FA". Again same two errors as before.
  3. I tried iasl -da -dl *.aml without refs. I got no errors only many warnings. So shall I omit the refs?
  • Shall the patches be applied to every file? So I I apply e.g. "SMBUS Fix" to DSDT and to every SSDT? Or only to DSDT?
Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

Hi all,

thanks to this Guide I've been able to install OS X to my Notebook. Exact model is:
ASUS UX305FA (MS)-FC066H
Core M 5Y10 (Broadwell)
8 GB Ram/128 GB SSD
FullHD
Elantech Touchpad

Right now OS X 10.10.5 (can't download El Capitan with 40 kB/s), Clover, kext package from post 4, and config.plist from post #1 is installed. From here I tried the fast lane, but with the provided DSDT my System doesn't boot (the SSDT-files don't disturb booting). So I want to patch my own DSDT/SSDT. I read:
[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs
[GUIDE] Yosemite install on Asus UX305FA (this thread)

I extracted DSDT, SSDT files via Clover F4 and tried to patch, but some things are not clear to me:
  • Shall I apply refs or not and which shall I apply?
  1. I applied iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml with the refs form "[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs" but got two errors. One about an unreachable statement (return, could fix this) and one about unexpected end of file, which I don't know how to fix.
  2. So I tried this with the refs form "[GUIDE] Yosemite install on Asus UX305FA". Again same two errors as before.
  3. I tried iasl -da -dl *.aml without refs. I got no errors only many warnings. So shall I omit the refs?
  • Shall the patches be applied to every file? So I I apply e.g. "SMBUS Fix" to DSDT and to every SSDT? Or only to DSDT?
Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

You need to post your DSDT/SSDT files.

That can be done. Those are the original files obtained via Clover F4, but I excluded the x-SSDT files, as mentioned in your patching guide.

Many thanks, also for your guides. They have been very helpful to me!

Attachments

• DSDT_SSDT.zip
    55.3 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back