Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information!

Bluetooth is from Intel connected via USB (according to Linux lsusb/lspci). In this case I've got to live with Bluetooth being switched on. Don't feel like exchanging hardware. Also Wifi works nicely for me with an Edimax USB dongle (or smartphone tethering).

The feature you're after is only available with compatible Broadcom hardware.

I am having video resolution problem. How can I make it 1080i instead of 720i? Also my sound still doesnt workeven after I installed VodooHDA. I didnt have a time to read 55 pages, I havent see anybody mentioned so far what I read. Thank you.

I am having video resolution problem. How can I make it 1080i instead of 720i? Also my sound still doesnt workeven after I installed VodooHDA. I didnt have a time to read 55 pages, I havent see anybody mentioned so far what I read. Thank you.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"
hi Rehabman, Here is my notebook specs:
  • Asus Zenbook UX305FA USM1
  • Intel M-5Y10 CPU
  • Intel HD 5300 Integrated Graphics.
  • Clover UEFI for Bootloader
Thank you.

Last edited:
hi Rehabman, Here is my notebook specs:

Please... in your profile or signature, as requested (the part that was bold face).

Also, make sure all specifications requested are present. What you provide above is only a subset.

Please... in your profile or signature, as requested (the part that was bold face).

Also, make sure all specifications requested are present. What you provide above is only a subset.
Ok I provided the information in my profile as much as that I found. Thank you for the notification.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.
Hi Rehabman,
I finally got everything working. The problem was causing by a wrong "config.plist." Btw, thanks for the tip that purchase wireless adapter from Dell. Yes, they are the cheapest one for to buy it, plus 1 day free shipping :)

Update to El Capitan.
Having the same issue, tried updating to El Capitan but running into more issues and as I'm a noob I rather stick to yosemite that works apart from the occasional gpu hangs. Is there really no fix for this within Yosemite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back