Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which EFI/Clover folder is the one you're asking for? The installer USB or the one on the SSD containing OS X?

It depends on which one you're using to boot and which one you're reporting a problem with...

Sounds like you should be on your way by following what is written in post #1.

I assume the fact that OS X isn't appearing as an option on the installed drive and that I'm using the USB's version of clover is a big part of the issue here but I don't get why the one on the SSD isn't aware OSX is there.

It depends on exactdly what you mean by "OS X isn't appearing". If you mean not showing in Clover, perhaps you forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI. Or if you're booting from Clover on a USB, but aren't seeing any partitions on the HDD (OS X or otherwise), perhaps you have "fast boot" enabled in BIOS (eg. Clover isn't able to enumerate drives other than the USB).

Yep, it doesn't show as an option in Clover. I actually have no problem getting in and out of OS X via the installer USB's version of clover until I try setting up Clover on the destination drive.

Fast boot is disabled.

I've attached the Clover files from the installer USB there. Will add the ones from the installed drive whenever this current installation finishes.

My current problems are:
1. OS X does not show up as an option on the version of Clover which is on the same drive (but remains visible on the installer USB's version of Clover), upon booting into this version of clover, the screen stays black until I press a button too.
2. The keyboard and touchpad don't work when I log in via the installer USB after going through the post-installation steps.
3. The login screen's a bit wonky (this doesn't seem a huge issue, I'm pretty sure it has already been covered in this thread too)

Attachments

• CLOVER_installerUSB.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
Yep, it doesn't show as an option in Clover. I actually have no problem getting in and out of OS X via the installer USB's version of clover until I try setting up Clover on the destination drive.

Fast boot is disabled.

I've attached the Clover files from the installer USB there. Will add the ones from the installed drive whenever this current installation finishes.

My current problems are:
1. OS X does not show up as an option on the version of Clover which is on the same drive (but remains visible on the installer USB's version of Clover), upon booting into this version of clover, the screen stays black until I press a button too.
2. The keyboard and touchpad don't work when I log in via the installer USB after going through the post-installation steps.
3. The login screen's a bit wonky (this doesn't seem a huge issue, I'm pretty sure it has already been covered in this thread too)

Focus on booting from your HDD. Not possible to diagnose an issue without the files that cause it. I'm guessing you forgot HFSPlus.efi.

Yep, you were 100%, I downloaded HFSPlus again and it was drastically larger so the file I was using must've been broken.

Now, when it booted prior to running sh install_downloads.sh, it booted from the drive. Around the midway point on the screen with the apple screen it starts flickering. When it gets to the login screen there are 8 images of the screen up at once overlapping each other. By pressing the power button to turn off the screen and on again, when it came back the screen was fine (although it seemed to do a white flash every 10 seconds or so for a while).

I've attached the clover files from the drive containing osx. Assuming it's something to do with config.plist?

After running sh install_downloads.sh and rebooting, the keyboard isn't working so I can't test whether putting the computer asleep and awakening it fixed it there too.
Visually, when using the version of clover from the installer drive, the screen loads correctly right up to the login, but as the keyboard isn't working, I can't proceed beyond that.

I messed up with sh install_downloads.sh a bit so I figure that may be the reason why the keyboard isn't working. Attaching it here anyway but I recommend not to read it.

Attachments

• cloverInstalledUX305LA.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • commandline.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 184
Yep, you were 100%, I downloaded HFSPlus again and it was drastically larger so the file I was using must've been broken.

Now, when it booted prior to running sh install_downloads.sh, it booted from the drive. Around the midway point on the screen with the apple screen it starts flickering. When it gets to the login screen there are 8 images of the screen up at once overlapping each other. By pressing the power button to turn off the screen and on again, when it came back the screen was fine (although it seemed to do a white flash every 10 seconds or so for a while).

I've attached the clover files from the drive containing osx. Assuming it's something to do with config.plist?

After running sh install_downloads.sh and rebooting, the keyboard isn't working so I can't test whether putting the computer asleep and awakening it fixed it there too.
Visually, when using the version of clover from the installer drive, the screen loads correctly right up to the login, but as the keyboard isn't working, I can't proceed beyond that.

I messed up with sh install_downloads.sh a bit so I figure that may be the reason why the keyboard isn't working. Attaching it here anyway but I recommend not to read it.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

The IORegFiles folder contains versions from directly after I got onto the desktop and right before I powered off (i.e. ran sh install_downloads.sh, ran the voodoohda package and patched it).

terminalOutputs contains files regarding:
1. the kextstat and kextcache outputs, both before and after sh install_downloads.sh
2. the output of sh install_downloads.sh (as there are some 'file not found' parts, specifically asusfnbkeys or whatever it's called, which is in the root directory but the script seems to call ../../ despite being ran from the root folder)
3. the terminal output of patching voodoohda and the subsequent kextcache and kextstat output

CLOVER_EFI... contains the one from EFI-backup on the drive with OSX installed.

It's currently running the same as before. Will boot from the USB, the screen messes up into eight different outputs midway into the login and it can't find the keyboard or touchpad.

Again, thanks very much for bearing with me here!

Attachments

• IORegFiles.zip
    711 KB · Views: 93
  • CLOVER_EFI_Mon_Morn_failuer.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • terminalOutput.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 76
The IORegFiles folder contains versions from directly after I got onto the desktop and right before I powered off (i.e. ran sh install_downloads.sh, ran the voodoohda package and patched it).

terminalOutputs contains files regarding:
1. the kextstat and kextcache outputs, both before and after sh install_downloads.sh
2. the output of sh install_downloads.sh (as there are some 'file not found' parts, specifically asusfnbkeys or whatever it's called, which is in the root directory but the script seems to call ../../ despite being ran from the root folder)
3. the terminal output of patching voodoohda and the subsequent kextcache and kextstat output

CLOVER_EFI... contains the one from EFI-backup on the drive with OSX installed.

It's currently running the same as before. Will boot from the USB, the screen messes up into eight different outputs midway into the login and it can't find the keyboard or touchpad.

Again, thanks very much for bearing with me here!

The ioreg files are not a result of booting from the EFI/Clover you provided...

The ioreg files are not a result of booting from the EFI/Clover you provided...
the IOReg files were gotten from opening IORegistry explorer and saving the output. Was I supposed to open a specific file with it?

Steps:
1a. Log into OSX
1b. Copy files from USB
1c. Open IORegistry Explorer
1d. Save copy as...
2. Following the voodoohda patch and immediately prior to rebooting, ran IORegistry Explorer and saved the immediate window again.

Would I be right in saying that I should have immediately rebooted once I configured Clover? As in, the IOReg files I provided are referring to EFI/Clover from the installer USB?

the IOReg files were gotten from opening IORegistry explorer and saving the output. Was I supposed to open a specific file with it?

Steps:
1a. Log into OSX
1b. Copy files from USB
1c. Open IORegistry Explorer
1d. Save copy as...
2. Following the voodoohda patch and immediately prior to rebooting, ran IORegistry Explorer and saved the immediate window again.

Would I be right in saying that I should have immediately rebooted once I configured Clover? As in, the IOReg files I provided are referring to EFI/Clover from the installer USB?

You must boot with the EFI/Clover that is causing the strange screen behavior. Use an external monitor or remote desktop connection if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back