Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used patched kext to correct power issue.Is Brightness value stored upon restart ??But mine its reset to max brightness after restart .So how do you solve it.Thanks.

You need working NVRAM.

If you installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, make sure you also installed the "RC scripts".
Best to run without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi if your native UEFI NVRAM services work.

Do you know if there's a way this can survive through updates? Clover kext patch maybe? It's a shame the correct plist causes a kernel panic :(

Maybe constructing a dummy kext with the modified plist... A "dummy kext" is a copy of the kext structure, but instead of the actual binary, a symlink is used to the real binary. Also the version number of the bundle is increased to be greater than stock. This allows you do tweak Info.plist and data in Resources while leaving the vanilla kext in place. It is the same technique as used with AppleHDA injectors (so-called dummyHDA).

You need working NVRAM.

If you installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, make sure you also installed the "RC scripts".
Best to run without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi if your native UEFI NVRAM services work.

This is my nvram output.
dipus-Mac-Pro:~ dipu$ nvram -p
bootercfg (%00
fmm-computer-name dipu%e2%80%99s Mac Pro
intel-backlight-level %c0%00%00%00
security-mode none
bluetoothActiveControllerInfo *%0a%87%80%00%00%00%00@%14\%e0%c5)%b2%eb
backlight-level %00%00
SystemAudioVolume 7
SystemAudioVolumeDB %ed
csr-active-config g%00%00%00

This is my nvram output.
dipus-Mac-Pro:~ dipu$ nvram -p
bootercfg (%00
fmm-computer-name dipu%e2%80%99s Mac Pro
intel-backlight-level %c0%00%00%00
security-mode none
bluetoothActiveControllerInfo *%0a%87%80%00%00%00%00@%14\%e0%c5)%b2%eb
backlight-level %00%00
SystemAudioVolume 7
SystemAudioVolumeDB %ed
csr-active-config g%00%00%00

Meaningless. You should check that you implemented NVRAM correctly. Read post #293 carefully.

hello,
I can not run ssdtPRGen, because I had opted for the SMBIOS a Macbookair6.2, I tried to just change the smbios for Macbbook8.2 but when I restarts I have a nice kernelpanic

Meaningless. You should check that you implemented NVRAM correctly. Read post #293 carefully.
i checked nvram not works for me.i have a doubt the "rc scripts" should be installed on efi partition "or" system partition only "or" all partitions .

Maybe constructing a dummy kext with the modified plist... A "dummy kext" is a copy of the kext structure, but instead of the actual binary, a symlink is used to the real binary. Also the version number of the bundle is increased to be greater than stock. This allows you do tweak Info.plist and data in Resources while leaving the vanilla kext in place. It is the same technique as used with AppleHDA injectors (so-called dummyHDA).

Ah good idea! Will have a try soon as I get a mo and report back results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back