Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus UX305CA UHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is, we tried the same patches and everything but he still has the sleep issue on his laptop last time I talked to him about it about a week ago or so. Not sure if he's fixed it yet or not.

His name is @maximevince on https://gitter.im/alexandred/VoodooI2C

did you get the wifi working?

It just feel likes the SLEEP FUNCTION doesn't send the right informations to the computer. It does turn off the display and it seems to be in sleep mode, but when in sleep the power led should turn off and the sleep LED on the right side of the laptop should blink if I remember correctly. Power led stay ON and sleep led stay steady ON.

I did not get the WiFi working. I'll probably buy the WiFi card you propose. I currently use a USB->Ethernet adapter, it works great. I also have a couple of Wifi Dongle but I didn't try them yet.

What is the exact complete model of your ux305ca? Mine is UX305CA-UHM4T for example

Edit: I ended up using your DSDT file. I'm kinda tired so I gave it a shot and it works great! Only thing I never got working now is sleep. It goes to sleep, even using FN+sleep button but it never come back. Any idea?

It is always a bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer. You should patch your own.

It is always a bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer. You should patch your own.

This is true especially with Orditeck having a different version of the UX305CA laptop.

I have removed the patched DSDT and SSDT files from zip file in post 1 so others will have to read your guide on patching their SSDT and DSDT properly.

Works perfectly using your DSDT/SSDT. Only sleep not working, I'll try to check that. Without your DSDT/SSDT it'd have take me much more time to achieve the same result.

Works perfectly using your DSDT/SSDT. Only sleep not working, I'll try to check that. Without your DSDT/SSDT it'd have take me much more time to achieve the same result.

Can you upload a copy of your Unedited DSDT? I want to see how it compares to my Unedited DSDT.

Load up Clover and Hit F4 and it will be in your EFI partition hard drive

open terminal and type
"diskutil mount EFI"

The Unedited DSDT will be in the folder EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin

Can you upload a copy of your Unedited DSDT? I want to see how it compares to my Unedited DSDT.

Load up Clover and Hit F4 and it will be in your EFI partition hard drive

open terminal and type
"diskutil mount EFI"

The Unedited DSDT will be in the folder EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin

I have a bunch of files. See screenshot. I made an Archive of all of them but before, is it safe to share all this? Just want to make sure before posting it here :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 4.42.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 4.42.31 PM.png
    318 KB · Views: 208
I have a bunch of files. See screenshot. I made an Archive of all of them but before, is it safe to share all this? Just want to make sure before posting it here :p

There is nothing personal/private in OEM DSDT+SSDT files.

Here they are.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    147.2 KB · Views: 212
  • SSDT-4.aml
    3.6 KB · Views: 190
  • SSDT-3.aml
    22.1 KB · Views: 202
  • SSDT-2.aml
    15.5 KB · Views: 198
  • SSDT-1.aml
    584 bytes · Views: 198
  • SSDT-0.aml
    789 bytes · Views: 195
  • SSDT-10x.aml
    281 bytes · Views: 210
  • SSDT-9x.aml
    142 bytes · Views: 210
  • SSDT-8x.aml
    281 bytes · Views: 207
  • SSDT-7x.aml
    895 bytes · Views: 198
  • SSDT-6x.aml
    1.4 KB · Views: 197
  • SSDT-5x.aml
    1.1 KB · Views: 216
  • SSDT-11x.aml
    304 bytes · Views: 209
Here they are.

Thank you.

Did you also patch your SSDT via the guide that was in my 1st post? I gave you my patch SSDT but I'm not sure if that might be causing your sleep issues. You're probably better off patching your own. It's actually pretty easy compared to patching the DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back