Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus UX305CA UHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the same config I gave you (minus the serial numbers) and I installed all of the kexts in the S/L/E with kext wizard.

Make sure you're using the updated config.plist I updated today.

I did, it's just that I'm able to boot correctly using Clover from the USB key but not with Clover from the HDD. I put the same config.plist and all the same files in drivers64UEFI. After I copied the same kext from the USB to the HDD it worked. That's why I asked this question. I probably need to remove them from there (EFI/Clover/kexts/Other) and install them in the S/L/E with kext wizard :)

I had a lot of difficulty with my Bluetooth constantly turning off completely after waking up from sleep mode:

I was able to fix this by modifying the two following kexts. These are not normal kexts that you can download off of the Internet, but kexts I modified to match the iMac SMBIOS for this specific laptop with a DW1560. This is why I recommend getting a DW1560 WiFi card.

What kexts are you referring to?

What kexts are you referring to?
Just install these kexts in the attachment to the System/Library/Extensions folder with Kext Wizard and then go to the maintenance tab and rebuild the system cache + repair permissions. Then do a system reboot and that should get everything up and running.

I am assuming you don't have a DW1560 Wifi card so your internet is not going to work unless you have a DW1560 Wifi Card.

Attachments

• Working Kexts.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 268
Just install these kexts in the attachment to the System/Library/Extensions folder with Kext Wizard and then go to the maintenance tab and rebuild the system cache + repair permissions. They will get everything up and running.

I am assuming you don't have a DW1560 Wifi card so your internet is not going to work unless you have a DW1560 Wifi Card.

Ok thanks. Sometimes when I boot I'm getting a kernel parnic just after WAITING FOR DSMOS... It started right after I installed all the kext. I'm doing the DSDT/SSDT thing, I'll check for this later. At which step did you start getting your UHD working?

Ok thanks. Sometimes when I boot I'm getting a kernel parnic just after WAITING FOR DSMOS... It started right after I installed all the kext. I'm doing the DSDT/SSDT thing, I'll check for this later. At which step did you start getting your UHD working?

You might have to manually Patch your DSDT and SSDT (which is what I recommend doing anyways). I just included a copy of mine in case it would work for anyone.

My UHD always worked when I changed the config.plist
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x191e0000</string>

This is the id for the Intel HD515 and my UHD screen was working with that platform ID.

Last edited:
You might have to manually Patch your DSDT and SSDT (which is what I recommend doing anyways). I just included a copy of mine in case it would work for anyone.

My UHD always worked when I changed the config.plist
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x191e0000</string>

This is the id for the Intel HD515 and it my UHD screen was working with that platform ID.

Great thanks I'll try that!

Edit: It was already there. I just needed to change the "scale" setting in Display. For whatever reason, the "More space" setting gives me less space than the one between "Default" and "More space". I just set this setting and I get my full resolution :)

Last edited:
What is the exact complete model of your ux305ca? Mine is UX305CA-UHM4T for example

Edit: I ended up using your DSDT file. I'm kinda tired so I gave it a shot and it works great! Only thing I never got working now is sleep. It goes to sleep, even using FN+sleep button but it never come back. Any idea?

Last edited:
What is the exact complete model of your ux305ca? Mine is UX305CA-UHM4T for example

Edit: I ended up using your DSDT file. I'm kinda tired so I gave it a shot and it works great! Only thing I never got working now is sleep. It goes to sleep, even using FN+sleep button but it never come back. Any idea?

I have the UX305CA-DHM4T.

There is someone else I am working with who hasn't been able to get their sleep function working either. I think they have the UHM4T as well which might explain this issue. I have no problems with the sleep function on my laptop.

Reach out to this developer
vinz0r
He has the sleep issue still. He is also the one currently working on the I2C Trackpad issue which you should be able to get working on your laptop. Its in the post one where you can find his website for the status updates.

Last edited:
I have the UX305CA-DHM4T.

There is someone else I am working with who hasn't been able to get their sleep function working either. I think they have the UHM4T as well which might explain this issue. I have no problems with the sleep function on my laptop.

Reach out to this developer
vinz0r
He has the sleep issue still. He is also the one currently working on the I2C Trackpad issue which you should be able to get working on your laptop. Its in the post one where you can find his website for the status updates.

I'll try to reach to him. Sleep function is very important. I'm soooo close to getting a fully working laptop (except some kernel panic sometimes that I'll have to investigate into).

That's weird that sleep works on DHM4T but not on UHM4T. They really seem identical.

I'll try to reach to him. Sleep function is very important. I'm soooo close to getting a fully working laptop (except some kernel panic sometimes that I'll have to investigate into).

That's weird that sleep works on DHM4T but not on UHM4T. They really seem identical.

Yes it is, we tried the same patches and everything but he still has the sleep issue on his laptop last time I talked to him about it about a week ago or so. Not sure if he's fixed it yet or not.

His name is @maximevince on https://gitter.im/alexandred/VoodooI2C

did you get the wifi working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back