Contribute
Register

Guide: ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K + Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't built it yet, i'm still waiting for a few components.. case...ssd and ram. But as I understand it, there is some USB 3.0 functionality, but maybe not USB 2.0 support on the 3.0 ports? HDMI works and there is way to get audio to work.

But I haven't heard much about the built in wifi and bluetooth for this asus MB. Also what about the optical audio?

I plan on hooking it to my TV, through my receiver etc.
Optical works with the MultiBeast 5.1.2 or newer/Realtek ALC8xx/With or Without DSDT/ALC898. Two clarification on the WiFi card:
1. the
AirPortBrcm4331.kext does load with a device_id patch, however, the card must have the Apple subsystem-vendor-id. (rebranding does not work with newer Broadcom WiFi cards).
2. bluetooth works with a device_id patch. If you don't need WiFi, leave the card installed for bluetooth.

I'm fairly new at this. How do I apply a device ID patch? Or is there a guide for that? Or just part of multi beast?

Another question..

Does anyone have a mod bios for the P8Z77-I Deluxe? Also, do I need to update the bios before I can install OSX? Or can I just use the DSDT change in multibeast (NullCPUPowerManagement.kext) then update the bios and then remove the unneeded kext??

Hi Going Bald,

First of all, thank you for providing one of the most comprehensive guide out there. This is my first hackintosh, I'm using P8Z77-I Deluxe with i7-3770K. I followed your instruction throughly and it went well, everything works but not the HDMI audio, I do get working line-out, headphone, and optical-out. But I don't see any HDMI audio option in the audio setting nor am I getting any sounds from the tv when connecting via hdmi.

Do you have any idea what may go wrong? The only instruction I failed to follow was to delete that 2 lines in DSDT editor, I couldn't find those 2 lines, but I guess that's for putting POC to sleep, not that important to me.

And by the way, when I installed MB for the first time, I chose the no DSDT option, since I was following your instructions. But then I patched the files and deleted the kext and fix permission as you instructed.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Does anyone have a mod bios for the P8Z77-I Deluxe? Also, do I need to update the bios before I can install OSX? Or can I just use the DSDT change in multibeast (NullCPUPowerManagement.kext) then update the bios and then remove the unneeded kext??
See Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository. If haven't installed the patched BIOS, you need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I don't see any HDMI audio option in the audio setting nor am I getting any sounds from the tv when connecting via hdmi.Do you have any idea what may go wrong?
HDMI audio is a do it yourself project. The ASUS P8Z77I-patches.zip download on Post 1 has the instructions and patch file. More info, Mountain Lion HDMI Audio.

You add them to the .plist in the IOBluetoothFamily.kext plugins

You add them to the .plist in the IOBluetoothFamily.kext plugins

Ok, so there are multiple info.plist files within the plugins for various different .kext. I added the id's to most of the info.plist files that seemed relevant.

I saved the files, repaired permissions and rebooted. No Bluetooth. The system does not recognize any Bluetooth devices, I have no Bluetooth options etc.

Am I missing a step?

can someone give me a more detailed step by step process for getting Bluetooth on my P8Z77-I to function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back