Contribute
Register

Guide: ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K + Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So HD 4000 still not working on this board?

Also does anyone know if the 10.8.2 update has helped with everything (My Hack is currently down as the board is being RMA'd)

Thanks

HD4000 works just fine on this board. I am currently operating it without a gfx card.

hey Going Bald,

do i need to do anything in particular if i decide to use my evga gtx 670 (short pcb version)?

thanks

Update to Mountain Lion and plug the gfx card in. If you are going to use the gfx card exclusively, you might want to go back into BIOS and change the first init display to PEG instead of iGPU

Update on sleep - It has now been 7 days since I sent the build to sleep. Even unplugged the HDMI, KB and mouse to use on other builds.
Woke it up and it came back just fine. Good thing, too, since it gets delivered to the birthday boy next Saturday!:lol: Almost hope he doesn't want it :mrgreen:

Guys, have anybody tried to install FakeSMC and FakeSMC Plugins? Is it safe? I can't see my CPU temps, would it help?

And I want to notice that integrated ALC898 sounds much worse in OS X then in Windows 7 :(

Guys, have anybody tried to install FakeSMC and FakeSMC Plugins? Is it safe? I can't see my CPU temps, would it help?

And I want to notice that integrated ALC898 sounds much worse in OS X then in Windows 7 :(

Answering on own question about FakeSMC.

After installing motherboard plugins, delete OemSMBIOS.kext at S/L/E/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/OemSMBIOS.kext; then repair all permissions; then you could restart. If do not it will make KP.

What the?!

I've had two of these boards now, first one got sent back due to god knows what. second one is currently in my build.

Neither of them HD 4000 worked, finally got it working by injecting a string into the DSDT (Thanks to PJALM). My set up is basically identical to toleda's (i7-3770k, 16GB corsair Vengeance, xfx 6870). And now to top it all off I am getting system freezes on it after possibly an hour to two of it running (Happens randomly). No console log is generated for the freeze, and have no clue. Also sleep doesn't work, but think we knew this about the 3770k.

I can live without the system sleeping, but it freezing is driving me mad.

I'm tempted to sell the board and get the Z77N.

What the?!

I've had two of these boards now, first one got sent back due to god knows what. second one is currently in my build.

Neither of them HD 4000 worked, finally got it working by injecting a string into the DSDT (Thanks to PJALM). My set up is basically identical to toleda's (i7-3770k, 16GB corsair Vengeance, xfx 6870). And now to top it all off I am getting system freezes on it after possibly an hour to two of it running (Happens randomly). No console log is generated for the freeze, and have no clue. Also sleep doesn't work, but think we knew this about the 3770k.

HD4000 works on mine without any strings injected. Maybe if you put an i5 3570K in yours instead? It is really strange that this board works a treat with the i5 and has all kinds of issues with the i7. Ya reckon the i7 is too powerful for the board to handle?

What the?!

Strange. I've followed Going Bald's manual and everything works flawless. I do not use DSDT because I don't need sleep, with SSD system loads extremly fast.

I've used both this guide and GED's guide. I've got the i7-3770k, and I can't stop having problems. I'm getting there, but I can't get these system freezes to stop.

I'm trying to install on another SSD at the moment to see if it is the SSD, But I'm not sure it is, I have run my install from a HDD on one of the 3GB/s ports instead of the 6GB/s that my SSD's are connected to and I've been getting read/write speeds between speeds slower then usb 1.0 and 70 MB/s.

I think the SATA ports might be losing their connection but I have no clue why.

This is also the second board I have had, the first board was RMA'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back