Contribute
Register

Guide: ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K + Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got it to work after tony suggested removing my gfx card, using macpro3,1 def and using dvi instead of hdmi.

Have also managed to track the system freezing due to a crucial M4 SSD.

Is now all working fine, although would still ideally still like sleep and the asmedia usb 3.0 ports to work, and the intel usb 3.0 ports to be backwards compatible.

Quick question. Do i need to make the DTS patch before i run Multibeast or afterwards?

Quick question. Do i need to make the DTS patch before i run Multibeast or afterwards?
I always download all the files I need before running MB. Then I extract the DSDT, patch it and save it to desktop, then run MB to install it.

Hey the link to toleda's patches in the OP... are they only relating to enabling HDMI audio? I do not have any HDMI devices so I don't need any of that. but I am interested in getting sleep to work. In this case am I only required to edit PTS method to remove those two problem lines and that's it (plus basic error fixing). That is what I have done but on my one (with 3770k) sleep works fine, but all USB devices momentarily lose connection upon wake, and take forever to connect again (I have to manually unplug the keyboard and bluetooth dongle and re-plug them in to make them work). I tried reading toleda's patches for this board but I don't think they pertain to this problem... am I right?

cheers for all of your hard work guys.

Hi, i followed ged`s prodigy guide before i found yours.
Ihave the same hardware and did a fresh install of ML.Then i got Kernel Panic on
reboot and patched my bios. I don`t have the nullcpu kext, so i think mysystem is fine now.
I was wondering if speedstep is working.Is there a way to test it?
Sleep doesn`t work but i don`t really care about it.

The patching pieces of this guide confuse me horribly, what works without toleda's patches, and what do the patches enable, and lastly is their a guide that will show me how to apply these patches because they seem extremely hard to guess how to do. I read the files in the patch but they looked like jibberish to me and I understand a fair amount about getting a system up and running with OS X. Can somebody just lay out what I need to do.

I will be using this board but with an i5 2500k.

Does the built in Wifi and Bluetooth 4.0 work with this build? Is there a way to enable it? What about all the USB 3.0 ports?

My build is:
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
Intel i5-3570K
120Gb SSD
Patriot 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
450watt PSU (Little overkill)
OSX ML

I haven't built it yet, i'm still waiting for a few components.. case...ssd and ram. But as I understand it, there is some USB 3.0 functionality, but maybe not USB 2.0 support on the 3.0 ports? HDMI works and there is way to get audio to work.

But I haven't heard much about the built in wifi and bluetooth for this asus MB. Also what about the optical audio?

I plan on hooking it to my TV, through my receiver etc.

wifi/bluetooth wont work. have to change the card on the mobo to one that is compatible

Alright, what about optical audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back