Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus P7H55-M Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've seen it, but it doesn't help....

I think the problem is in the vga nvidia 7300le that works only in 32 bit mode....

I am a complete newb with this hackintosh stuff and the iboot + multibeast seemed like the easiest way for OS X on my PC. Here is my setup:

Asus CG5275
Asus P7h55-M LE MOBO
3.2ghz intel i5 processor
8gb RAM
1TB Hard Drive
Intel on-board graphics

After 2 days of constant reading on multiple forums and other people's experiences I FINALLY got OS X to work properly and load without iBoot cd. I followed the iboot + multibeast guide to a T with a few exceptions.

I installed the "update helper" before the 10.6.8 combo update and restarted. Then I installed the combo update. After that was finished I deleted those 5 files in system/library/extensions as mentioned above. Then I installed multi-beast with the following items checked:

1.)easybeast install
2.)system utilities

3.)Drivers & Bootloaders/kexts & enablers/audio/ universal/ VoodooHDA 0.2.72

4.)Drivers & Bootloaders/kexts & enablers/miscellaneous/ALL checked except NullCPUPowerManagement + USB 3.0-NEC/Renesas + Voodoo PS/2 Trackpad

5.)Drivers & Bootloaders/kexts & enablers/Network/Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6

6.)Drivers & Bootloaders/Bootloaders/Chimera v1.4.1 r877

7.)Customization/System Definitions/Mac pro/3,1

8.) OSx86 Software

It took me a LONG time to get this to work....I constantly kept getting stuck on the apple logo after rebooting after multi-beast, BUT with the above settings it finally worked for me. My computer now runs OS X beautifully and audio, bluetooth and all ports work fine. My profiler reads my processor, ram and everything else fine too!

Though I cannot figure out which graphics kext to use to have my hdmi port display a 1920x1080 resolution....if anyone can help on that, that would be great! Thanks!

Good luck everyone!

Okay I ended up purchasing a XFX HD 5750 graphics card to reach full 1080p resolution. To install properly, I just followed the steps I described above and once I booted up again I did the following.

1.) open system/library/extensions
2.) right click on ATI5000Controller.kext and select "show package contents"
3.) open contents folder
4.) drag info.plist file to desktop and open
5.) ADD your device id to the list of id's....the id's look like this <string>0x68981002....etc. You want to ADD the HD 5750 id at the end of this list...the id should be 0x68BE1002
6.) save and close file. Drag file back to original folder and REPLACE the original file with the updated one.
7.) Run multi-beast and ONLY select system utilities...this will rebuild your caches, etc.
8.) Once that is done, reboot and cross your fingers!

You should have full 1920x1080 resolution and the graphics card should show up properly in profiler.

wallacel said:
You guys should go for Lion, mine (P7H55-M/USB3) works perfectly fine.
Would you mind sharing your settings, process--perhaps write up a guide?
I am trying to install straight to Lion now and I get to the "DSMOS has arrived" message but the on-board graphics are not showing the GUI. At least not through the VGA port. Are you using a video card?

wallacel said:
I install Lion by upgrading from Snow Leopard using xmove approach here. Simple and straight forward. My vga never works before, I am using dvi output.
Got a straight Lion install to boot, VGA port is working BTW. I deleted the AppleIntelHD*.kexts from the install. Now I have a bootable Lion stick! MultiBeast kexts don't seem to 'stick' must be doing something wrong.

I applied the fixes mentioned above reboot fine, no ethernet--so I reapply that fix, reboot no sound--so I apply that fix, reboot sound but no ethernet. I think you see where this is headed, seems to be reloading the cached kexts--something funny is going on!

OS X Lion worked for me too!!!

It was a pain though because I forgot all about intelHDgraphics kexts and deleting them, but once I did, I was all good!

I'm not sure if I like Lion, but it's nice to be up to date!

Hi guys,

Could you post up what settings you are using for sound with this board, and which connection you are using?

I finally got everything working, but the sound is still a bit of an issue. I can only get it out of the green headphone port with the VooDoo kext, but there's a lot of hiss/noise at normal TV-listening volume.

Rock I had the same problem!

After some reading I found a lot of people saying go to S/L/E and then deleting the VooDoo kext installed. Once you have that done, run multi beast again and select an OLDER version of VooDoo. If that doesn't solve it, then repeat the instructions and install the next oldest one. Keep doing this until you find the right one, and only go to the previous version each time.

Initially I selected the very bottom (newest) one, and I think it was 0.2.72 and I had a LOT of hissing with little volume. So i deleted and installed the previous version. That did nothing for me, so I did it one more time and it WORKED! The proper next for my board is the VooDoo 0.2.56.

Hope that helps! REMEMBER to SELECT system utilities too when installing the new next! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back