Graphics
Intel GMA 4500
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, after many tries I found an optimal configuration for this motherboard, plus other tips useful for everyone, and I want to share my knowledge.
My pc is has an Asus P7H55-Pro motherboard with Core i3 530, an external GraphicsBoard Asus GeForce (EN)9800GT PCI-E 1gb, and 6(3x2)GB of DDR3 RAM.
These are the steps I did to get all working:
1. Used iBoot to install Snow Leopard Retail, specified only busratio=22 at boot.
2. Run EasyBeast 10.6.0, reboot. To avoid kp, I don't know why, but needed all this options at boot: arch=i386 cpus=1 maxmem=4096 busratio=22.
The Graphics Card was working in Framebuffer mode, only 1024x768, no QE/CI, no Preview,Grab,etc.. Sound card worked with VoodooHDA.
3. Installed NVEnabler, VoodooHDA, removed GraphicsEnabler=Yes, rebooted, and the card was working with QE/CI and all resolutions!
4. Updated to 10.6.2 (or 10.6.3, same behaviour), run EasyBeast 10.6.2 unsupported, corrected options in com.apple.boot.plist, reboot. The graphics card was not recognized anymore! Only a blue screen. Used iBoot again, removed NVEnabler and tried all combinations with GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, the max I got was 1024x768, NO QE/CI!
5. Then I reinstalled EasyBeast 10.6.0, NVEnabler, and got QE/CI back. So the problem is EasyBeast 10.6.2unsup, and/or the kernel.
@Tonymac: what specific kernel does it install? Does it install kext/patches other than those mentioned in the description? (i.e. System.kext)
6. Then I wanted to try another kernel. I installed blackknight 10.6.2 patched for AMD. The system was working, full QE/CI again! The only problem is max 4gb of ram.
7. This is for all: after many tryes and readings, I found the -force64 option, specific for this patched kernel, removed arch=i386 and maxmem=4096, and now my system recognize 6gb of ram! Moreover, it does not need cpus=1 anymore, so the 2 cores are also recognized. Finally.. insert only -force64 busratio=22 in com.apple.boot.plist.

Attachments

• screen.tiff
    36.6 KB · Views: 3,960
Re: [Guide] Asus P7H55-M Pro (Asus Essentio CG5275 model)

Hello All! I have tested over the weekend, an Asus P7H55-M machine with Core i5, 8GB of RAM, onboard video.Its the ASUS Essentio CG5275 which we got from the local best buy store for about $699. All works except the onboard video works in framebuffer mode. In fact, if you use the iBoot+Multibeast instructions from Tom, you can pretty much get the machine running without much problems. One modification though. I used a 10.6.3 Retail DVD which installs just fine. As I said, the machines works fine except that the onboard video has no driver (kext). In fact I tried it with a 10.6.0 DVD as well and it works fine. Updating from that to 10.6.1 or 10.6.2 or 10.6.3 also worked except for the onboard video of course. I know some people like Tom and others said they are still working on it, but I gather that if you put a cheap ATI 4850 or something like that in the machine, it would work fine. If you run in problems after install/update to 10.6.3 with Network and Audio drivers, I updated the 10.6.3 installation with the 10.6.3 v1.1 Combo update and it restore both drivers back to normal. Full sound and networking. Just be careful with the multibeast options. Make sure you install as "Supported" in Multibeast, with the Fakesmc driver checked. Also, check in multibeast that the machine is a MacPro with core i5! That seemed to help it recognize my RAM as a full 8GB. Now I just have to put a video card in the machine and I think I can then have the whole machine working and using 10.6.4 as well. Do NOT try it with 10.6.4 with only built in video!! It will install but you will get a black screen because the onboard video doesn't have a driver yet. Should work if you have a supported video card though.

Jyrtsa said:
Have you had any problems booting to other OSes after installing and using SL?

I installed Retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 to my system viaBoot ATI 5xxx-3 + MultiBeast on my PC. Audio, USB 2.0, Network interface worked just fine. I managed to get Display port (display 1920x1200) and VGA (display 1280x1024) working fine. One DVI output didn't work. Anyway everything else worked.

When I rebooted I noticed my network interface was down by looking at my switch lights.
I disconnected the cable from my PC and entered to BIOS. BIOS was screwed up showing weird readings on my LAN test.

I booted to Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows 7 just to confirm that the network was down. I booted back to Mac OS X and the network was still down. Back to BIOS then to load defaults -> no luck. I had reset CMOS via jumper to get it working.

Ok, everything is working again. So, I boot to Mac OS X. Do some stuff and reboot the computer.

Thadaa! USB is not working correctly. It's slow and working just weird -> Reset CMOS via jumper.

My full system specs:
Core i5-650
Asus P7H55M-Pro
4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw CL7 1333MHz (F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH)
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5870 Vapor-X
750 GB Samsung Spinpoint (SATA-II)
500 GB Seagate (SATA-II)
NEC DVD-RW (IDE)
SoundBlaster X-Fi (not working on OS X anyway)

Any toughts, ideas, or friendly tap on the shoulder? :)

EDIT:
I also updated SL to 10.6.4

Hmmm... Maybe I should update bios. My BIOS rev is 0401 ;)

I have almost same components(Core i5-650, Asus P7H55M-Pro).

Can you tell me what kind of multibeast setting did you used?(Did you fixed DSDT by yourself? or downloaded it from somewhere else?

tested multibeast chameleon 2.0 rc5 r643 + themes standard and it works !
my spec
p7h55-m pro
i7 860
ati 4890

What sound solution are you using ?
i tried voodoohda it works but no AC3 & DTS output in vlc strange, but it works in XBMC player. tested only optical digital out.
same thing whit DSDT patch + 10.6.2 applehda.kext.
damn realtek alc889.

Hi, I hope you can help me with my configuration.

Asus P7H55-M
Intel i7 860
RAM 4Gb Kingston
Zotac GTX260
HD WD Caviar Blue 500GB sata
DVD-RW LG

I tried installing SnowLeopard with iBoot but till now it has been a complete failure.
I tried dozens of times changing every parameter but still no luck.
Basically I wait for iBoot to load, then insert SL DVD (I tried 10.6 and 10.6.3), then I hit Enter and, boom, kernel panic. I tried changing busratio, cpus, verbose and safe mode, but it's a kernel panic every time and this is the error I get: bsd process name corresponding to current thread unknown.
Someone on osx86project.org lists my mother board as successfull and says he installed by using "tonymacx86 iBoot supported (used with -x during initial install of OS X )".
I think I do exactly the same but it simply doesn't work.

So, what do you think I'm doing wrong ?
Thanks

amicofrizzo said:
Hi, I hope you can help me with my configuration.

Asus P7H55-M
Intel i7 860
RAM 4Gb Kingston
Zotac GTX260
HD WD Caviar Blue 500GB sata
DVD-RW LG

I tried installing SnowLeopard with iBoot but till now it has been a complete failure.
I tried dozens of times changing every parameter but still no luck.
Basically I wait for iBoot to load, then insert SL DVD (I tried 10.6 and 10.6.3), then I hit Enter and, boom, kernel panic. I tried changing busratio, cpus, verbose and safe mode, but it's a kernel panic every time and this is the error I get: bsd process name corresponding to current thread unknown.
Someone on osx86project.org lists my mother board as successfull and says he installed by using "tonymacx86 iBoot supported (used with -x during initial install of OS X )".
I think I do exactly the same but it simply doesn't work.

So, what do you think I'm doing wrong ?
Thanks
Are you selecting the Snow Leopard Install DVD before pressing Enter?

If anyone has any thoughts or advice it would be much appreciated...

Here's my problem, I have been able to get to the installation using iBoot and the SL OSX v10.6.3. I can only do so under safe mode. I then partition the HD (I have tried this four times--twice on my SSD and twice on my HDD) I have been able to complete the partition and start the installation (4 times). Although, if I do not enter customize and deselect all of the options the installation will fail about halfway through, my screen will just go black and the monitor will shut down because there is no signal, but the CPU and fans are still running. Anyway, I can get through the installation to the end where it tells me that the installation was a success and I restart (this only happens when I have deselected the options in the customization menu). After I restart, I placed iBoot in the drive and it takes me to the Chameleon page. I select the partitioned drive and it starts to boot up, I reach the apple logo screen and then my monitor goes black and says it has no connection. Now when I try Boot Verbose the last lines of code are:

Loading VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (based on hdac version 20090401_0132)
Controller: NVidia (unkown) (vendor ID: 10de, device ID: 0be3)
Controller: Intel PCH (vendor ID: 8086, device ID: 3b56)
NVEnalber: probe : patch PRAMIN
warning: couldn't set recording source to microphone
warning: couldn't se

The code just stops mid-line and freezes. When I try to restart I have to hold down the power button for full 5 secs unlike just pressing it as before. IDK... I am running in circles. :banghead:

Before I thought it may be a compatibility issue with my graphics card, but when I plugged my monitor into the 9pin slot on the motherboard there was no signal as well.

ASUS P7H55-M Pro
Intel i5 760
EVGA GeForce 210 512MB
Muskin 2GB x2 DDR3 1333 RAM

mike_noob said:
If anyone has any thoughts or advice it would be much appreciated...

Here's my problem, I have been able to get to the installation using iBoot and the SL OSX v10.6.3. I can only do so under safe mode. I then partition the HD (I have tried this four times--twice on my SSD and twice on my HDD) I have been able to complete the partition and start the installation (4 times). Although, if I do not enter customize and deselect all of the options the installation will fail about halfway through, my screen will just go black and the monitor will shut down because there is no signal, but the CPU and fans are still running. Anyway, I can get through the installation to the end where it tells me that the installation was a success and I restart (this only happens when I have deselected the options in the customization menu). After I restart, I placed iBoot in the drive and it takes me to the Chameleon page. I select the partitioned drive and it starts to boot up, I reach the apple logo screen and then my monitor goes black and says it has no connection. Now when I try Boot Verbose the last lines of code are:

Loading VoodooHDA 0.2.1 (based on hdac version 20090401_0132)
Controller: NVidia (unkown) (vendor ID: 10de, device ID: 0be3)
Controller: Intel PCH (vendor ID: 8086, device ID: 3b56)
NVEnalber: probe : patch PRAMIN
warning: couldn't set recording source to microphone
warning: couldn't se

The code just stops mid-line and freezes. When I try to restart I have to hold down the power button for full 5 secs unlike just pressing it as before. IDK... I am running in circles. :banghead:

Before I thought it may be a compatibility issue with my graphics card, but when I plugged my monitor into the 9pin slot on the motherboard there was no signal as well.

ASUS P7H55-M Pro
Intel i5 760
EVGA GeForce 210 512MB
Muskin 2GB x2 DDR3 1333 RAM
GeForce 210 cards can be a pain. I wasn't able to use the DVI port, only the HDMI. Didn't try the VGA.

Attachments

• ssdt_3000_sea_man.tiff
    241.5 KB · Views: 260
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back