Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asrock UEFI Boot Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you detail what you did??
What I did for what? I followed the guide but ran into issues when I had multiple drives and was going from drive to drive. If this happens to you boot into clover boot loader go to terminal and type bcfg boot dump. Then bcfg boot rm whatever the number is to remove extraneous entries and to remove your UEFI created entry if flashing/resetting bios doesn't fix it. Here's a more proper guide. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...r-bios-boot-entries-prevent-further-problems/

This worked like a charm. Working on a colluegue's Hackintosh based on an ASrock B85 Anniversary and it absolutely did the job. Thanks a lot!

The second part in quotes, "\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI" tells the UEFI system where to find the file it needs to start the UEFI boot process.

Hey WonkeyDonkey, i've opened a post (this one) and I think this could help me
How would you write the command for boot from Mac Os EFI located on my secondary drive?

Hey WonkeyDonkey, i've opened a post (this one) and I think this could help me
How would you write the command for boot from Mac Os EFI located on my secondary drive?

I certainly haven't done this fix on a laptop since I dont own any. RehabMan's advice in that thread is sound though. Some early UEFI bios' were very buggy indeed, and is more often the case with laptops. You should definitely follow his advice there.

I always make sure the Clover EFI partition is on my first HDD, then set that as the primary bootable device in the system bios. But whichever drive it is on, you should be able to tell your bios to boot from that drive, irrespective of the boot order. Once that is working, you can configure each of your OS boot options within Clover.

I certainly haven't done this fix on a laptop since I dont own any. RehabMan's advice in that thread is sound though. Some early UEFI bios' were very buggy indeed, and is more often the case with laptops. You should definitely follow his advice there.

I always make sure the Clover EFI partition is on my first HDD, then set that as the primary bootable device in the system bios. But whichever drive it is on, you should be able to tell your bios to boot from that drive, irrespective of the boot order. Once that is working, you can configure each of your OS boot options within Clover.

The hard drive appears in BIOS, only the brand of the drive itself, nothing about Clover nor Mac OS, but when I press F12 for select boot always appears only Windows Boot Manager, and in efibootmgr did appear but not in the boot order and i found no way to insert the boot into the order

You got a screenshot of the bios boot selection screen ?

Sorry I didn't read that, I'll come to the point, is there any way to specify when doing efibootmgr -c -L "Clover UEFI" -l "\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI" to look for CLOVERX64.EFI on my secondary hard drive?
Or efibootmgr knows where it is?
Thanks

I've only done this on a single drive. I suspect efibootmgr should pickup all of the valid EFI partitions, regardless of location.

IIRC, you can specify which drive using the -d argument and specifying a valid drive parameter. e.g

efibootmgr -d /dev/sda3

Note that the -d is lower case.

ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac and some others...

After USB installation, the quick way to boot using Clover on a UEFI HD is to shutdown your machine and then simply push the bios reset button. It will turn on by itself after a few seconds and show the Clover UEFI HD in the boot options. Simply redo the BIOS settings to how you want them (or you can save them to a save slot prior to pushing the bios reset and then just reload them after) and make sure the correct HD to boot from is chosen and save and restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back