Contribute
Register

[guide] AMD RX 480 8 GB + MSI H110M Gaming + Skylake i5 6500 (macOS 10.12.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, this is done on 10.13, so no Kexts mods or anything like that.
Needed to put in the Graphics section of Clover, Inject ATI=Yes.. FB=Dayman.. Video Ports=5..
BIOS Settings IGPU is the main GPU, plugged the Monitor directly to the RX 480, turned on and it worked.

Note: I see no boot screen (BIOS/Clover), all is blank till it reaches the Login screen.

Still experimenting the Graphics section of Clover, different FB name and etc.. because not all ports are working properly.

Thanks for the reply, that are good news!
Will switch from Sierra to High Sierra.

I have AOC monitor I plug motherboard VGA cable to monitor and RX HDMI to monitor. Clover screen uses the VGA then after boot it goes to HDMI and RX card. No plug and unplug of cables. I set Clover GUI settings resolution to 1920x1080 and the vga cuts out after boot.
It only shows one monitor connected to RX 480 and performance is great.

I also have a Samsung monitor and using the same method I have to manually use selector switch to change from VGA to HDMI but it works the same way the cables stay plugged in and I just switch input to monitor. The AOC does it automatically.

P.S. I also have used DVDI adapter to VGA cable (mobo) and it also works.

Thanks, I am very thankful for everything with RX 480.

I have AOC monitor I plug motherboard VGA cable to monitor and RX HDMI to monitor. Clover screen uses the VGA then after boot it goes to HDMI and RX card. No plug and unplug of cables. I set Clover GUI settings resolution to 1920x1080 and the vga cuts out after boot.
It only shows one monitor connected to RX 480 and performance is great.

I also have a Samsung monitor and using the same method I have to manually use selector switch to change from VGA to HDMI but it works the same way the cables stay plugged in and I just switch input to monitor. The AOC does it automatically.

P.S. I also have used DVDI adapter to VGA cable (mobo) and it also works.

my motherboard is not performing this way. it's msi z270 sli plus. i set my display to igpu. then it will display on igpu only.

my motherboard is not performing this way. it's msi z270 sli plus. i set my display to igpu. then it will display on igpu only.

Do you have " auto, enabled, disabled" options, if so try auto. Selecting enabled may lock it in.

Do you have " auto, enabled, disabled" options, if so try auto. Selecting enabled may lock it in.

you can only choose between peg and igpu.

There is another option above in bios PCI config? Is it set to auto or GEN1, Gen 2, Gen3?

no idea of what you are talking about, but, will try to post screen shots of my bios. thanks mate!

you can only choose between peg and igpu.
Set the BIOS to IGPU and do boot from IGPU indeed, after the boot process the screen will go black, then unplug the cable from your motherboard IGPU and plug it in the graphics card, try different ports if it still doesn't work.
This is how 99% of RX users do, except 460/560.

But in my case I plug/unplug nothing, the Monitor cable is plugged always to the GPU and BIOS is set to IGPU.

I have also dual boot and I boot Windows too with the same way without seeing the boot menu, default boot hard disk is set to boot from OS X in Config.plist but no count down number is set in there, when I power on my PC it needs 10 sec to get to the Clover boot menu but I count to 15 sec to make sure because I see nothing, if I press ENTER it boots in OS X, if I press left arrow key (where the Windows partition is) and press ENTER then it boots in Windows, as simple as that.

Last edited:
@
RandomTech

what do you mean ill try with different ports? if doesnt work with hdmi, ill try with dp port?

what do you mean ill try with different ports? if doesnt work with hdmi, ill try with dp port?
Yes exactly, only in case it didn't show up the screen you can change the input source, but in general it should be no problem there.

Sorry for always late answers, but thats because you do not ''Quote'' me so I'm not able to notice your questions.

Btw, are you sure you got RX (850) 8gb? Or it needs to be corrected? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back