Contribute
Register

[guide] AMD RX 480 8 GB + MSI H110M Gaming + Skylake i5 6500 (macOS 10.12.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope... still booting in igpu then switching to rx580 after boots. Guess waiting/praying its plug and play for 10.12.6 or 10.13
The way I have it set up is to tell the EFIBIOS to activate IGPU during boot. That way the RX480 doesn't get recognized by macOS until the kext is forced to load! Make sure you select IGPU, not PEG in EFIBIOS settings. This way I can leave the monitor cable attached to the RX480 (none to the motherboard!) and boot "blind" to the login screen.

Nope... still booting in igpu then switching to rx580 after boots. Guess waiting/praying its plug and play for 10.12.6 or 10.13

but you were be able to use your rx 580 right?

The way I have it set up is to tell the EFIBIOS to activate IGPU during boot. That way the RX480 doesn't get recognized by macOS until the kext is forced to load! Make sure you select IGPU, not PEG in EFIBIOS settings. This way I can leave the monitor cable attached to the RX480 (none to the motherboard!) and boot "blind" to the login screen.

i tried your step sir. i plug my monitor to igpu when booting. then when the login screen came up. i unplug the monitor to igpu and plug in to rx 580. but i recieve no signal. i still cant use my rx 580 8gb :(

could you please tell me how to do that is newbie language?
only a month into this hackintosh game

thank you much appreciated

Yesterday received my RX 480 today running 10.13 with all its glory and high benchmarks except one thing, max resolution is 1080p when my Monitor is 4K, is there any workaround? What I'm doing wrong? Thanks for any advice.

Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 12.06.43 AM.png

Last edited:
@
RandomTech

how did you do it :)
@
RandomTech
@
zen051803

Yes, would be interesting how you did it.
like...
Did it worked out of the box?
...what config
...what clover settings
...BIOS
etc.
Greets o_O
First of all, this is done on 10.13, so no Kexts mods or anything like that.
Needed to put in the Graphics section of Clover, Inject ATI=Yes.. FB=Dayman.. Video Ports=5..
BIOS Settings IGPU is the main GPU, plugged the Monitor directly to the RX 480, turned on and it worked.

Note: I see no boot screen (BIOS/Clover), all is blank till it reaches the Login screen.

Still experimenting the Graphics section of Clover, different FB name and etc.. because not all ports are working properly.

I have a i5 6500 and RX 480, in High Sierra I now have full hdmi and DisplayPort audio working set up is easy, I don't inject ATI or fake IDs only ( inject Intel, ig 0x19120000 ) fixes for IGPU graphics. Sleep works, audio, full accceleration, etc... no fixes needed except name R9 xxx, but if you do inject ATI it will change the name for you automatically.

For my Haswell pentium G3258 I use inject Intel, fake ID 0x04128086, ig 0x0D220003 and it works as well with RX 460 with audio, acceleration, etc....

Polaris cards are working great in High Sierra beta, we've had audio before with fixes but it was very slow and garbled, now it works and one user has 8.1 sound through DisplayPort working.

i tried your step sir. i plug my monitor to igpu when booting. then when the login screen came up. i unplug the monitor to igpu and plug in to rx 580. but i recieve no signal. i still cant use my rx 580 8gb :(

I have AOC monitor I plug motherboard VGA cable to monitor and RX HDMI to monitor. Clover screen uses the VGA then after boot it goes to HDMI and RX card. No plug and unplug of cables. I set Clover GUI settings resolution to 1920x1080 and the vga cuts out after boot.
It only shows one monitor connected to RX 480 and performance is great.

I also have a Samsung monitor and using the same method I have to manually use selector switch to change from VGA to HDMI but it works the same way the cables stay plugged in and I just switch input to monitor. The AOC does it automatically.

P.S. I also have used DVDI adapter to VGA cable (mobo) and it also works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back