Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, where is the actual bcm4352 kext? Just installed Sierra, no wifi/bluetooth support with old "bcm4352.kext"

Dude, where is the actual bcm4352 kext? Just installed Sierra, no wifi/bluetooth support with old "bcm4352.kext"

Use FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.
That will get the kext loading (but not starting).
Then you will need the fcvo patch by the-darkvoid. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/
That will get the kext starting (but no 5ghz).
Read post #1 to find/construct the correct 5ghz patch (it depends on your region).

Step 1/Enable WiFi

Airport/WiFi Injection Methods
(Select one method)
  1. kext enabler, see FakePCIID for BCM94352
    1. README: RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID
    2. Download: RehabMan / OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID
  2. kext edit/Info.plist, see [Guide] airport_pcie-hm_plist_edits.pdf (repo)
  3. dsdt edits, [Guide] airport_pcie-hm_dsdt_edits.pdf (repo)
  4. ssdt enabler, see airport_ssdt_enabler folder (repo)
    1. 94352, see ssdt_arpt folder (repo)
  5. Clover/config.plist/ (Select one method)
    1. ACPI/DSDT/Fixes (supported device_ids)
      1. AddDTGP_0001/YESFixAirport_4000/YES
      2. FixAirport_4000/YES
    2. Devices/FakeID/0x0 (supported device_ids)

I'm confuzed by the step options... With "Step 1", It says Select one Method, so does it mean there are 5 potential methods? For the other Steps, do i also choose one or do I all the parts?....

I'm confuzed by the step options... With "Step 1", It says Select one Method, so does it mean there are 5 potential methods? For the other Steps, do i also choose one or do I all the parts?....

5 methods. (like anything like this, more than one way to do it).

Then you will need the fcvo patch by the-darkvoid. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/
Read post #1 to find/construct the correct 5ghz patch (it depends on your region).
I'm on Sierra, got the fcvo patch & both kexts installed. Unfortunately, the card still doesn't show up. It's an Asus PCE-AC56 which is, as per DPCIManager, based on the BCM4352. The device id is 14e4, 43b1. (I even tried adding that to the AirPortBrcm4360 kext). Did I miss a step?

I'm on Sierra, got the fcvo patch & both kexts installed. Unfortunately, the card still doesn't show up. It's an Asus PCE-AC56 which is, as per DPCIManager, based on the BCM4352. The device id is 14e4, 43b1. (I even tried adding that to the AirPortBrcm4360 kext). Did I miss a step?

No need to modify the native kexts. Restore to vanilla...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

thanks got wifi working...bt as well after the right kexts

regarding the patch for 5ghz...i didn't do the patch but i still see 5ghz networks in my wifi. is this normal?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back