Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have done it incorrectly... Keep in mind Clover can only patch kexts that it loads. So if you're booting with caches and the kernel cache doesn't have the kext in it, it goes unpatched.

An injector kext (such as toledaARPT.kext) is by far the better way to go anyway.

Thanks as always RehabMan. You're right about the loading of the kext. If it isn't loaded it won't be patched by Clover. I never had any problems with using the injector, but I noticed that it said toledaARPT.kext was deprecated in toleda's repo. I wasn't sure if that meant using the injector was a bad way to go.

Thanks as always RehabMan. You're right about the loading of the kext. If it isn't loaded it won't be patched by Clover. I never had any problems with using the injector, but I noticed that it said toledaARPT.kext was deprecated in toleda's repo. I wasn't sure if that meant using the injector was a bad way to go.

Not sure about the deprecate...

I use ProbookAtheros.kext instead... (it works with Snow Leopard too, where toledaARPT.kext doesn't).

Not sure about the deprecate...

I use ProbookAtheros.kext instead... (it works with Snow Leopard too, where toledaARPT.kext doesn't).

Hi,

I was wondering about the deprecated too, does it mean we should replace it ?
I've got an Atheros AR9287, it works well with ToledaARPT.kext (clover by the way) BUT I can't get my BT dongle (IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 adapter) working, it won't even find BT devices. From what I understood, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext don't work along ToledaARPT.kext.

Trouble is I don't feel so confident about Dsdt Edit and I don't understand the disadvantage "Forget it is there" for airport_ssdt_enabler.

Thanks for any input !

Hi,

I was wondering about the deprecated too, does it mean we should replace it ?
I've got an Atheros AR9287, it works well with ToledaARPT.kext (clover by the way) BUT I can't get my BT dongle (IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 adapter) working, it won't even find BT devices. From what I understood, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext don't work along ToledaARPT.kext.

Trouble is I don't feel so confident about Dsdt Edit and I don't understand the disadvantage "Forget it is there" for airport_ssdt_enabler.

Thanks for any input !

My suggestion for toledaARPT.kext was in relation to Atheros WiFi.

And... like I said.. I use ProbookAtheros.kext for Atheros anyway (no BT mix-in there). Because, yes toledaARPT.kext can conflict with BrcmPatchRAM, but easily fixed by stripping the bluetooth stuff out of toledaARPT.kext...

For BT, I'd recommend getting a supported Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

I use ProbookAtheros.kext for Atheros anyway (no BT mix-in there).
For BT, I'd recommend getting a supported Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

I was looking it up after posting but I thought ProbookAtheros.kext was for laptops only ; gonna try it. And indeed, I'll try to get a supported card notably to get Handoff working, but it's not so easy where I live.

Thanks a lot !

Hi everyone I have a question regarding the PCIe-mini adapters. I have a BCM94352HMB card, and an MSI z97m gaming card. If I understood correctly what is written in the thread the wi-fi+BT card should be compatible, my problem is that I don't know what adapter to get, is the BCM94360CDBCM94331CD adapter going to work even if I have a different card?
Thanks for your help

I'm having a really strange issue where my "natively supported" BCM94360CD chip will work when NV_Disable is on but when NVDA_DRV=1 it fails to connect, showing "No Internet" no matter what Wi-Fi connection I use.

Bluetooth and Handoff are working impeccably.

Any ideas?

I have a BCM94360CD wifi card, which is number 1 in the Broadcom supported device_id section, and doesn't look like it has a whitelist associated with it. Do I need to kext patch? It doesn't look like there is a kext patch for my card but I can't seem to connect to the internet on my OSX Yosemite drive (can connect once in a blue moon but the transfer rate is less than 2mbps), works fine on windows though :banghead:

I'm having a really strange issue where my "natively supported" BCM94360CD chip will work when NV_Disable is on but when NVDA_DRV=1 it fails to connect, showing "No Internet" no matter what Wi-Fi connection I use.

Bluetooth and Handoff are working impeccably.

Any ideas?

I've got the same adapter chipset and I can't connect with NV drivers disabled or enabled :(

TP-Link AC1750 T8E

srodd, I apologize but this doesn't pertain to the comment above but rather your comment about wifi on another thread:
Thank you toleda and RehabMan for your hard work. I finally got my Azurewave AW-CE123H card working for Bluetooth using the steps below:

BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext:https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- BrcmPatchRAM.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- 5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

One thing I'm having an issue is intermittent connection and can only hook up one BT device at a time. I would like to use both the Trackpad and Wireless keyboard but only one device pops up unless I remove the other one. Any ideas please.
Can you help me with the last two patches? As in what did you do to get them working? (Please don't just point me to the guide, I'm here because I find the guide confusing for those two parts) I'd really appreciate it. Thank you! (Neither of us can PM yet which is why I asked on this thread, I apologize about that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back