Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so the repo is safe to use? Why would the other kext be provided then if repo works? (And if it doesn't always work, what are the chances of it not working)

2) Okay, so does the red patch or the blue patch fix 5ghz, or neither? You're saying "use Clover plist patches" but the way the guide is written, it is hard to tell which patches you are talking about. If possible, please quote specifically the two patches you're talking about. Thank you (By quote specifically, like only include something like the parts I highlighted)

BT Handoff (10.11 and newer)
  1. Requires AirPortBrcm4360 WiFi Support and BT4LE
  2. Patches/Credit: lisai9093 ​(Select one)
    1. 10.11 and newer, Handoff (working)/Hotspot (not tested)
      1. Binary patch: IOBluetoothFamily
        1. Find: 48 85 FF 74 47 48 8B 07
        2. Replace: 41 BE 0F 00 00 00 EB 44
  3. Installation ​(Select one method)
    1. Kext/binary patch
      1. Download (View Raw) wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0.command.zip
      2. Double click Downloads/wireless_bcm94352-110.command
        1. Patch: 1
          1. Handoff only
    2. Clover/kext patch
      1. Download (View Raw)
        1. 10.11 and newer, config-bcm94352-110.plist.zip
      2. Paste patch to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
        1. BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot
BT Handoff (10.10 - all versions)
  1. Requires AirPortBrcm4360 WiFi Support and BT4LE
  2. Patches/Credit: Dokterdok ​(Select one)
    1. 10.10.2 and newer, Handoff (working)/Hotspot (not tested)
        1. Find: 48 85 C0 74 5C 0F B7 48
        2. Replace: 41 BE 0F 00 00 00 EB 59
    2. 10.10 and 10.10.1, Handoff/Hotspot
        1. Find: 8B 87 8C 01 00 00
        2. Replace: B8 0F 00 00 00 90
  3. Installation ​(Select one method)
    1. Kext/binary patch
      1. Download (View Raw) wireless_bcm94352-100.command.zip
      2. Double click Downloads/wireless_bcm94352-100.command
        1. Patch: 1
          1. Handoff only
    2. Clover/kext patch
      1. Download (View Raw)
        1. 10.10 and newer, config-bcm94352-103.plist.zip
        1. BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot
Also, my Mac version right now is 10.10.5. I can't update to 10.11 without wifi; so if I use the patches for 10.10 and earlier, will they still work when I update Mac OS or will I have to do something to get them to work after I update?

So do I have to copy that plist into EFI/EFI/Clover?

Correct. Same with kexts in EFI/EFI/Kexts/10.10 (iirc)

(The reason I'm confused is I copied it to the USB and that's how I got it to boot so I thought it copied it to the Hackintosh during install or something)

No, it needs to be installed manually. At least one that is preconfigured to work. If you leave the one from install it isn't configured for your system and will crash.

In fact you are best off getting everything working from USB boot first so you don't mess up your install drive by accident.

define "everything working"? everything seems to be working except for Wifi, but that's an issue with my wifi card.

Okay so the repo is safe to use? Why would the other kext be provided then if repo works? (And if it doesn't always work, what are the chances of it not working)

2) Okay, so does the red patch or the blue patch fix 5ghz, or neither? You're saying "use Clover plist patches" but the way the guide is written, it is hard to tell which patches you are talking about. If possible, please quote specifically the two patches you're talking about. Thank you (By quote specifically, like only include something like the parts I highlighted)

[/COLOR]
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
Also, my Mac version right now is 10.10.5. I can't update to 10.11 without wifi; so if I use the patches for 10.10 and earlier, will they still work when I update Mac OS or will I have to do something to get them to work after I update?

10.11 handoff patch is different from the one for 10.10. Choose based on the version you're running.

There is also a separate patch for 5Ghz.

Summary: One patch for 5Ghz WiFi. Another for bluetooth.

Hi,

I am using an Atheros AR9287 with 10.11.1. I'm not able to get the device recognized by patching airportatheros40.kext using clover's patching feature. I am able to get it recognized by using toledaARPT.kext.

Any idea why one method would work over the other? In clover I'm finding pci168c,2a in AirPortAtheros40.kext info.plist and replacing with pci168c,2e.

Thanks

Hi,

I am using an Atheros AR9287 with 10.11.1. I'm not able to get the device recognized by patching airportatheros40.kext using clover's patching feature. I am able to get it recognized by using toledaARPT.kext.

Any idea why one method would work over the other? In clover I'm finding pci168c,2a in AirPortAtheros40.kext info.plist and replacing with pci168c,2e.

Thanks

You must have done it incorrectly... Keep in mind Clover can only patch kexts that it loads. So if you're booting with caches and the kernel cache doesn't have the kext in it, it goes unpatched.

An injector kext (such as toledaARPT.kext) is by far the better way to go anyway.

Thank you toleda and RehabMan for your hard work. I finally got my Azurewave AW-CE123H card working for Bluetooth using the steps below:

BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext:https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- BrcmPatchRAM.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- 5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

One thing I'm having an issue is intermittent connection and can only hook up one BT device at a time. I would like to use both the Trackpad and Wireless keyboard but only one device pops up unless I remove the other one. Any ideas please.

Thank you toleda and RehabMan for your hard work. I finally got my Azurewave AW-CE123H card working for Bluetooth using the steps below:

BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext:https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- BrcmPatchRAM.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- 5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

One thing I'm having an issue is intermittent connection and can only hook up one BT device at a time. I would like to use both the Trackpad and Wireless keyboard but only one device pops up unless I remove the other one. Any ideas please.

Antenna connections ok? Did you test the hardware on Windows?

My man I want to say I love you lol it was the damn antenna......... didn't hook it up (feeling stupid)! THANK YOU

10.11 handoff patch is different from the one for 10.10. Choose based on the version you're running.

There is also a separate patch for 5Ghz.

Summary: One patch for 5Ghz WiFi. Another for bluetooth.
So I'm assuming this is the 5GHZ patch I use; my question is HOW to apply it? I downloaded the config.zip file, now what do I do? (What specifically am I "pasting?" The instructions aren't clear to me so I'm asking you to please clarify what I'm actually supposed to be doing)

Clover/kext patch

1. Download (View Raw)
    1. 5GHz (select one)
      1. BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv
      2. BCM94352-5GHz-FR
And then what am I supposed to be patching up for Bluetooth; they appear to be the same file
BT Handoff (10.10 - all versions)

Clover/kext patch

1. Download (View Raw)
    1. BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back