Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop uses BCM4358 wifi card so please let me know if you write a kext for it. Thank you so much :)

I assume by BCM4358 you mean it's device ID (not model#), such as vendor id: 14e4, device-id 4358. In that case, your device simply is not supported (see post #1). A driver would have to be written from scratch, not simply a codeless kext that uses an existing driver, which is what was being discussed here.

hi. is it possible to find an adaptor (to pci express or to mini pci express) that could get working the new bcm94360cd (the one that is in the new imac 2013)?

hi. is it possible to find an adaptor (to pci express or to mini pci express) that could get working the new bcm94360cd (the one that is in the new imac 2013)?
Yes. Are you planning to buy the new iMac and remove the bcm94360? And then what?

Hi Toleda, i have one question.
I run my card with adapter (mini pcie to PciE) it is recognised as airport but it has very low signal and also only b/g
Same card on the laptop runs strong and a/b/g so i am wondering what can be the problem (maybe hardware?the adapter..i do not think so.)

Should i update and try your mod in 10.8.5 (currently 10.8.3) ?

This is the dpci info, and this is the boot log.

10/4/13 1:48:37.000 AM kernel[0]: wl0: Broadcom BCM4311 802.11 Wireless Controller

Attachments

• brcm.jpg
    brcm.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 322
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back