Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made 1 Hackintosh but never got it to run without issues based on the Asus Impact VI ITX board. I was thinking of building a new computer and on the buyers guide I see recommendations to use a TP Link card (which rules out ITX). I have also read that some sites like OSXWIFI and Amazon sell actual Apple Wifi cards with some type of adaptor you plug into a card that then goes into a PCIe slot.

My question is this, is it possible to get native apple functionality with handoff on Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 Mini-TIX by replacing its little daughterboard with the apple one?

Yes. See this thread for details: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...apple-mini-cards-pcie-mini-pcie-adapters.html

Yes, it shows it under "Supported PHY Modes", but it isn't showing in the list of available networks. "Cubbyhole5G" should be available as 802.11ac.
The system is connected to 100MalagaGuest/802.11ac.
What happens when you connect to
Cubbyhole5G?
Connect, run System Information/Network/Wi-Fi and attach screenshot.

The system is connected to 100MalagaGuest/802.11ac.
What happens when you connect to
Cubbyhole5G?
Connect, run System Information/Network/Wi-Fi and attach screenshot.

Well I'll be damned. I swear I didn't change anything before I rebooted again, so it just spontaneously started working. Never mind....

I have another issue with my bluetooth/handoff. I posted a couple pages back and got my bluetooth working thanks to RehabMan. However, now handoff seems to half work. Handoff works from iOS to Hackintosh or Mac to Hackintosh, but it doesn't work Hackintosh to Mac/iOS. Also Airdrop doesn't recognize iOS or another Mac. Continuity with iMessage, FaceTime and calls, and Hotspot works 100%. To me it sounds like the bluetooth or wifi isn't working 100% for handoff to be reliable. Anything I can try?

EDIT: I reverted to the original kexts backed up before I tried anything. Handoff still only works one way.
I honestly don't remember the first step I did to enable handoff/continuity but I believe it was the Continuity Activation Tool. I do not have any kext patched in my clover config and I do not have any other kexts installed for bluetooth/continuity/handoff other than the kext mentioned in my linked post. I then followed Step 3b/Handoff, BCM94352 5 GHz/Handoff (10.11 - all versions), Installation method 1 kext/binary, patch = 2. I don't think I needed to do that though. I have the kexts on my desktop that the script backed up. If I need to restore them, do I just rename them (drop the "-10.11.3" off the name) and use a kext installer? What should I try next to fix handoff?

Last edited:
Problem:

1. I purchased "ABWB 802.11AC Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express BCM943602CS Combo Card" from here: Link - I installed to PCI-E x1 slot and I have WiFi but no bluetooth
2. El Capitan, Gigabyte GAZ87-HD3, F8 BIOS, Intel i5 4th Gen 4570, Asus GT 640 2048MB
3. Don't know where to start, I thought this worked OOB
4. IO Reg, attached
5. Attached
6. Screen shots attached:
Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 19.53.39.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-24 at 19.54.55.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-24 at 19.55.14.png
Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 19.55.30.png
7. n/a
8. config.plist attached

This is a whole new area for me. Hope you can help.

Attachments

• All Messages.log.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 100
  • config.plist.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IO Reg.zip
    756.8 KB · Views: 102
Hi,

after 3 days I finally got a mackintosh running :)
It was a frustrating experience but at the end it worked out.

The only problem I have is my wifi Broadcom BCM4360(on board) doesn't show any 5ghz channels.
I tried to figure it out on my own on this thread but my knowledge is limited so is it fixable?
If yes i would really appreciate a noob friendly guide.

Asus rampage v extreme x99
i7 5960x
16gb ram
gtx 980ti
yosemite 10.10.5

Thanks!

Yes, I already have a custom kext for this.

Q 1. I realised I had connected the Bluetooth Card to an internal USB header not specified in my kext due to 15 port limit. I connected to one that is working and now see Bluetooth. I thought I read though that USB connection was only necessary for connection e.g. of bluetooth keyboard before OS X boot, did I misunderstand that?

OK, I now have handoff working. I had to sign out of iCloud on all devices and sign back in and now working.

Q 2. Am I correct that you don't advise removing 15 port limit for long term use, is that still the advice? Reason I ask is I've had to use the internal header that my card reader was on for the Bluetooth card. I will need 17 ports if I'm going to reconnect it unless I sacrifice something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back